What would you do?...

Background:

Ive been managing the team i support - Hearts FC, in Scotland since the start of the first season. Its now 2013. Some excellent young and older signings put with some of the excellent prospects i already have, mean i have just won the league and scottish cup for the second year running! Rangers are well of the pace, and my only real challenger is Celtic, with whom i continually contest all competitions!

I have also had minor sucees in Europe, Last season I got as far as the Quarters in the CL, beaten by Arsenal. This season, after being knocked out in the qualifiers i reached the semis of the Europa League.

Last season i was given some serious cash to play with and I managed to sign some outstanding young players some from the EPL. Normally at this stage i get lots of players wanting new contracts and moves to bigger clubs, but this time round I have kept everybody happy, and on long contracts at wages i can easily afford! Things are going great! another assualt on all things domestic and the CL beckon. Then...

Problem:

Arsene Wenger retires after winning the EPL for the second season running, and being beaten by Inter in the CL final......Arsenal offer me the job!!!

Now this i sthe biggest job offer ive ever had in over a decade of playing the game! an i am really tempted to say the least! But... I have a team full of youngesters who seem happy enough at Hearts and have excellent loyalty.. I REALLY wanna see these players become the supertsars i know they can be!

Also, Arsenal have a team full of superstars already! they are Champions of EPL and nearly CL. There seems verry little room for improvment! from what i can see, they may only need a defender or 2. Not the type of challenge i am after! but they have offered me £75M to spend!! :D :D

What do i do?... I know i can save and go back, but its never the same i feel...not that i think its cheating i just never think its as good afterwards! I need to decide now! Im going home from work to make a decision! Please help!!

P.S- Man Utd have been really struggling, but still have some excellent players, and Frank Rijkards position is unstable.. Now thats a challenge i like the sound of! But it may/may not come around?..

Discuss:

Thanks for the advice folks, but my concern is that it may become a tad dull and repetitive! i mean i only lost twice last season. Whilst feilding weakened sides due to other ties. Im hoping thi sseason can be unbeaten! then what... That only leaves Europe. An can you really see Hearts winning the CL?... As much as id love to! how do i compete with the big guns!!

Stay at Hearts - one of the big jobs of the premier league will become available again soon enough, and if you bring even more success to Hearts you'll probably get it! Then you can leave knowing you've achieved all you can with the club, whereas if you go now and win everything with Arsenal, you'll never know what could have been...

How are Liverpool and Chelsea doing? Chelsea is a real challenge 4/5 years in when their entire team is 30+ and on 100k+p/w!! I was offered the job but since I had built up such a good team with wolves I judged Chelsea would be an impossible task - van Gaal got the job and they finished 12th!!

Stay at Hearts - one of the big jobs of the premier league will become available again soon enough, and if you bring even more success to Hearts you'll probably get it! Then you can leave knowing you've achieved all you can with the club, whereas if you go now and win everything with Arsenal, you'll never know what could have been...

How are Liverpool and Chelsea doing? Chelsea is a real challenge 4/5 years in when their entire team is 30+ and on 100k+p/w!! I was offered the job but since I had built up such a good team with wolves I judged Chelsea would be an impossible task - van Gaal got the job and they finished 12th!!

Chelsea finsish runners up most years, as far as i can rememeber?. Im sure they have made a good few signings aswell. Man City are third most years, Man u are always way down. Liverpool im not sure of?...

Slighly off topic, wherever i go i will prob take a few 4 or 5 of my Herats players with me, im sure there good enough... Or maybe its just the sum of there parts?..!

Does everyone else do this when they leave...try and take all your fav players with. Regardless of quality/standard?.. Im sure they will be good enough!

Try and win one of the European Competitions, see this generation of young player really blend into a brilliant team, then I'd say go to a big club in the PL (maybe when one of them has become a sleeping giant, fallen out of the top 4).

I like your thinking. I dunno why i really want the Man U job. Fingers crossed! Could always go abroad...Real Madrid's manager..cant rememebr who? position is unstable. Now thats a job offer i couldnt turn down!! anyone managed a similar step up...Hearts - Real Madrid?...

Do you feel you have taken Hearts as far as you can? If so, then move.

Personally I would stay put, it sounds like you are on the verge of being very successful with Hearts, so stay with them and see if you can win more trophies, possibly getting further in Europe.

It will be much more rewarding to win the Europa League with your own Hearts team than to win the EPL, FA Cup and CL treble with Arsenal, because it's pretty easy to do with their resources.

stay where you are. i started an aberdeen save, brought in some great youngsters and man utd offered me the chance to replace alex ferguson around 2014. took the opportunity and watched 3 managers (including stuart pearce) in 3 years ruin the set up and some promising youngsters i had left behind...

if anything, i found the EPL more boring than the SPL - took over a man utd side that had won the league the last 8 years in a row and only had to make minimal purchases to keep the run going...ended up deleting the game and starting a new one with the dons....

stay where you are. i started an aberdeen save, brought in some great youngsters and man utd offered me the chance to replace alex ferguson around 2014. took the opportunity and watched 3 managers (including stuart pearce) in 3 years ruin the set up and some promising youngsters i had left behind...

if anything, i found the EPL more boring than the SPL - took over a man utd side that had won the league the last 8 years in a row and only had to make minimal purchases to keep the run going...ended up deleting the game and starting a new one with the dons....

2014...thas next season...heres hoping! Man U are not doin so well in my game, it would be a real challenge taking them over!!

i would hate to see the team i built get badly managed by other managers....makes me not want to leave them even more!!

Archived