About the Hall of Fame system

I want to share my opinion here.. Its about the Hall of Fame.. For me, its quite a few non fair here.. I said this because the point will only go up when we won some competitions like league, champions, FA cup (for english).. but its not too fair that when we won the competitions like club world championship, european super cup, English league cup the point don't go up even 1.. I know that these competitions is less popular, but we won it with a lot struggle too.. Like super cup.. Why this competition is not being mark as important? It is a match between the 2 best club in europe.. Same with club world championship.. Does anyone feel the same? hope in the next fm , which is fm2011, sports interactive will consider a change to this.. Or, anyone know how to contact to the fm team? thanks

Who cares about a super cup? A competition with only 1 or 2 matches is NOT a competition imho.

Hm.. but super cup is not easy to get.. You have to win champions league and european league.. At least add a few point to it..

That's why you get the points for winning the CL/EL, don't you?

BTW the European super cup is NOT a match between the 2 best clubs in europe, the CL final is.

If you say so for the super cup.. But what for the club world championship? In the real world, the purpose of this tournament is to find the real no 1 club in world.. So, I think at least it add some few points here..

I do agree that you should at least get some points and another "minor trophy" added to your record for the ESP or the CWC, doesn't really fuss me though; I don't pay much attention to the HOF.

Yeah.. I agree.. At least add some few points and add some minor trophy to the record.. Although not too different, but at least it appreciate our fight for it.. it's not easy to win it anyway..

If you say so for the super cup.. But what for the club world championship? In the real world, the purpose of this tournament is to find the real no 1 club in world.. So, I think at least it add some few points here..

Again, a competition with only 2 matches is not a competition imho. It's a worldwide supercup, nothing more.

I always play a weakened team in the Club World Championship (when I actually make it), so I still think it is right to be classed as a minor trophy. Even saying that, I can see the point you’re trying to make, but I do feel SI have got it right (for once ;)).

It ruins the comparisons if you throw in the mickey mouse cups.

Germany, among others, doesn't have a league cup - so it'd be unfair to count those cups.

And how long has the super cup (which no one really cares about) been contested?

With the European cups, the domestic league and the main domestic cup, you can compare almost every manager of note in the history of the game on a relatively equal footing. Or at least the managers of modern, post-war football.

Rewarding teams for the super cup and club world championships is just rewarding them an extra two times for winning the CL. The CL winning team ALWAYS wins the club world cup - why give the manager more credit? It's just expected of him.

Hmm, maybe they should make these points dependent on the reputation of the team you're managing then. In general I mean.

So that you would earn more points by winning the CL with a team like Club Brugge, than you would with a team like Real Madrid.

And so that teams with low rep will get some points by winning the CWC while others won't get any. That seems like a good idea imho, any thoughts?

I think there should be a wider range of points available for different levels of success. Say, 10 for CL, 8-9 for a top league, 6-7 for a good domestic cup or weaker league (inlcuding second and below teirs in "good" nations), all the way down to 1 point for low level cups (eg FA Trophy) and the worst leagues (BSN/S in England and so on). That way everything could be included. Maybe even go up to 15 or 20 for the top end stuff.

Maybe also include the reputation thing suggested by the above poster. It could modify your score by, say +/- 2 if you are a overachieving/underachieving team.

Archived