I hate Real Madrid!!!

What the hell is wrong with Real Madrid/Manuel Pellegrini!?!

Every time i have a player that performs really well a season, Real Madrid comes in and says they are interested in that player and want to sign him!

Result: My player find out he needs to leave to get further in his career and demands to be put on the transfer list! And the result of this again is that all the big clubs in europe tags along Real Madrid and want to sign the player...

This has happened on EVERY SINGLE save game I`ve played so far on FM10!!!

Anyone else had this problem?

ANNOYING!!!! :mad:

I had it at first with Villa and them trying to buy all my players but I told him to get lost and my players stayed, later on though I got revenge by defeating Real Madrid in the Champions league final many years later...

Pellegrini has been sacked though now and Benitez is now ruining the club :)

Never issue hands off warnings, and every time you notice a "wnt" icon next to your player, set his asking price to £100m. Atletico (who have broken the Spanish duopoly) and Real Madrid are always sniffing around my players, but I haven't had to sell a single one against my will.

My players do love me though (one of the advantages of buying htem young) and most are relatively professional, so it's not that hard to keep them in-line and motivated.

Every single January its easier to win my matches than hold on to my players away from the clutches of Madrid! I've built Wolves up to a title-winning side, I think this year Madrid declared their interest in 6 of my players at one time or another, in the same month!! Fortunately my chairman never intervenes and my players respect me so I usually come through unscathed, though this time one has become unhappy: he's been at the club for 5 years :(

Then again they probably keep bidding for my players because I've knocked them out of the champions league 3 years running :D

OP, it quite clearly happens in real life...

And we all hate Real Madrid. You are not alone.

Not all of us, i don't hate them , but i don't like them either. Could care less about them, even though i like La Liga a lot (as well Calcio, Bundesliga, etc..).They do have most overrated player though (you can guess who).

Now any EPL team, well that's something different.

I have the same problem with Man City but I'm Inter, they keep snooping around for my star players, but I wouldn't sell to City

I'm liverpool and City wont stop trying to poach my players and staff! in a 2 week period they approched 6 coaches and got 3 of them even tho i offer improved contracts at more than double their current wage at times. they have unsettled a player a season on me and i'm in season 4 now. you can;t even tell mancini to stop approching your players

It happens all the time, but like everything, Madrid needs to settle the books too. In all my saves Barca and Madrid are the ones sniffing at my players always. So, when they unsettle a player I do business with a huge transfer fee and a rebuy clause, and when they sell their players cheap, I'm the first person there. You'd be surprised at how cheap they sold off Milito and VdV in my saves...

I also found this to be an issue but browsing through the forums I found a solution. Here's what to do:

1. Buy the players you want.

2. IMMEDIATELY after buying them (before the WNT icon appears) set a price with which you would be willing to part with the player (say 20 million) and then give no instructions on how the ass man should handle transfer requests.

3. Don't answer ANY news items regarding interest in your players. Players, having already assigned their values will mostly ignore those news stories.

4. Whenever you see players nearing their contracts ends (preferably 24-18 months before it expires) offer a new contract. Even if the player doesn't want to sign he will, for a large enough sum.

Using these tactics I managed to keep my CFR Cluj side (Romanian 1st league) and then Sporting Gijon (Liga BBVA) happy and with a team understanding of "our players are willing to die for each other" despite the fact that most of my players exceeded the league/team standard by a large amount and major teams were sniffing about. There is however one major drawback to this: you better ensure you win stuff as warding off interest for your players from opposition teams means that at one point they will stop bidding and you'll soon go bankrupt with the sort of wages you'll likely have these players on 5-6 years into your game without considerable income from participating in the higher stages of EL or CL and/or winning the league.

In my game, I'm having this situation with Real Madrid and my LB (of course, can't blame them he would walk into their team)

Funny thing though... both player and manager have each other on their dislike list (100 - so despise each other basically), and everytime, manager praises player... then player likes praise

Thankfully, the LB is happy and shows no sign of wanting to leave

Archived