Topklasse in FM11

The Dutch Topklasse added in Football manager 2011?

If that level of Dutch football is currently in FM and the change is official (had a look at wiki but didn't read it fully) then I'm sure SI will endeavour to represent it correctly. They have always strived to recreate leagues as completely and realistically as they can.

If the current Dutch leagues in game only go down to the second tier (never played Holland) then they might not consider it. It may come down to the editor has been enhanced to let users mod the leagues into their game, so that's what will be catered for.

Alternatively, SI may feel that they don't currently cater for this (if my second point is true), but that they can due to a new format. Therefore they possibly would.

So I guess it would depend what level Dutch football currently represents in game.

Well looking at the Wikipedia entry the rules have been firmed up, and the teams will have been decided well in advance, so I can see no reason (technically) why not, unless they cant get the number of researchers needed for the division.

The will to include it may not be there, as the number of people who will consider it essential will be small, and if all the clubs and players are there and it is coded as a non playable league (like tier 8 in England) it will be easily modded in.

I am not too sure, mate! It all depends on whether SI can get a license for this! :(

Licences don't matter mostly. It is only when an exclusive licence is given out for everything that SI can't replicate the structureto be put into the game, and even then there's usually a simple workaround.

They have always strived to recreate leagues as completely and realistically as they can.

That's not true... There's usually always one league where there is a mistake. Like the Austrian second level in this FM: In the game one team goes down directly, one plays in relegation playoff. In reality, three teams are relegated and there are no relegation playoffs.

I wouldn't bet that Topklasse will be included - aren't the rules as complicated as in the most complicated of South American leagues? Separate Saturday and Sunday leagues, winners of these playing for promotion etc?

That's not true... There's usually always one league where there is a mistake. Like the Austrian second level in this FM: In the game one team goes down directly, one plays in relegation playoff. In reality, three teams are relegated and there are no relegation playoffs.

I wouldn't bet that Topklasse will be included - aren't the rules as complicated as in the most complicated of South American leagues? Separate Saturday and Sunday leagues, winners of these playing for promotion etc?

Not that complicated 1) A & B series with A on Saturdays, and B on Sundays, 2) Playoffs similar to the Liga 2B in Spain (where the same thing is spread between 4 series).

Which is exactly why I said they will try and recreate each league as accurately as they can.

I don't know the situation in the Austian leagues without looking, so I can't comment, but I'm sure there is some reasoning.

I think it's just a plain mistake. The relegation system FM10 uses was in use in Austria in the past, before the second level was enlargened to 12 teams and the system was changed. FM10 has the correct number of teams, but uses the old relegation system.

That possibly just exposes gaps in the researching of Austria then. They possibly know but figured it was a minor problem.

I'm coming up with a lot of possiblys here ain't I?

It all comes down to the research for Holland's new structure.

Did you mention the Austria thing in the data forums? You should if it hasn't been mentioned.

• 3 months later...

What are you talking about? Austrian League is perfect. In 09/10 season there were 12 teams, both amateure teams get relegated no matter what, team with least points gets autorelegated, second least play in playoffs. next season First Division has 10 teams with one team going straight down, other playing playoffs. It's like in real life, just check official Erste Liga website.

edit: anyways, it makes it impossible to add new levels to Austrian pyramid because of league changes, same as in Hungary.

Now we have the annoucement of fm11, does anybody know if the dutch TOPklasse is added in fm11?

There wasn't anything in the SI announcement regarding leagues, so I think it would be pure speculation at this point. I hope that they do include the new league, as I'm a fan of playing in the Dutch leagues.

Archived