How many leagues do you usually load?

How many leagues do you usually load?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. How many leagues do you usually load?

Less is more!

I prefer a quick, long-term game that I know will still be really smooth when I'm 10 or 20 seasons in.

It very much depends where I am intending to manage. If it is just one club, I will only load the leagues from that club's country. If I am having a career where I intend to move to different leagues, I would tend to pick 3 or 4 countries and no more than 5.

FULL DETAIL

Dutch (1 league)

English (5)

French (2)

German (2)

Italian (2)

Portugese (1)

Russian (1)

Spanish (2)

Turkish (1)

Ukrainian (1)

VIEW ONLY

Argentina (1)

Brazil (1)

Greece (1)

Belgium (1)

Scottish (1)

If I play a lower league game I will sacrifice the Turkish, Ukrainian and Russian leagues to view only and have the Scottish League on down to D3 and well as load all British players. I always play a large DB.

To anyone running more than 50 leagues. How many stars does your speed rating get? and on what processor

63 leagues from 23 nations all on full detail on a large database. 1/2 a star - well what did I expect on a 2.41ghz Intel Dual Core Processor with 2GB of RAM. I use a program called 'Game Booster' to help speed things along.

The game is very playable, and enjoyable. Will probably slow down later on but that's alright with me.

To anyone running more than 50 leagues. How many stars does your speed rating get? and on what processor

Half a star with all leagues, but speed is more than reasonable. AMD Quad core Phenom II Black 3.2 Ghz, Overclocked to 3.4

I'm playing FM 2009, patched to what I think is the latest version)... I have selected all leagues from all nations (everything playable) at maximum detail. The only thing I left out was the "load all players" from one of more nations option.

My PC specs are: Phenom II 940 (quad-core) with 8Gb RAM (DDR2-800), and a reasonably fast 7200rpm single hard drive (I don't think anything else affects performance in this game).

Sometimes, when there are several days of game time without anything for my team to do, it can take around 10m until I have access again. Shorter periods of game time are considerably faster, and saving/loading is done in about 10-15 seconds.

Still in my first season, though, and I hear the game becomes slower as the game history increases.

I don't mind much because I often do several things while I'm playing so I just ALT+TAB my way in and out of the game.

Usually 5 or 6 leages from 4-5 nations. Always top 2 leagues in England and top leagues in Spain, France, Germany and Italy.

Only thing that bothers me is the fact that regens mostly come out of these countries. I wish regens would be more spread out as in real life.

63 leagues from 23 nations all on full detail on a large database. 1/2 a star - well what did I expect on a 2.41ghz Intel Dual Core Processor with 2GB of RAM. I use a program called 'Game Booster' to help speed things along.

The game is very playable' date=' and enjoyable. Will probably slow down later on but that's alright with me.[/quote']

Hi mate,

what is this game booster programme?

does it really work that well?

cheers

Hi mate,

what is this game booster programme?

does it really work that well?

cheers

I use Game Booster aswell and it really helps, it basically shuts the programmes down in the background that are taking all the processor functions up. Also the people who make Game Booster make a programmed called Advanced System Care which has a Turbo Booster option which I also use.

I generally run 21 leagues from 6 countries, usually England down to the Blue Square North/South and the top two divisions in usually France, Spain, Holland, Italy and Portugal. On a 4gb dual core 2.53ghz laptop.

all the leagues playable from all available countries and plays very quick too, but i do have 8gb of ram and 1tb of mem on a big machine

RAM and mem are the same thing, mate, so... you mean "hard drive", I believe... right? Reason I ask is because the size of the hard drive really doesn't affect performance, but rather the speed of the hd (RPMs, access time, read time, write time, number of platters, etc).

• 3 months later...

England(down to level 11), Scotland(division 3), Wales(premier division), Rep. Ireland(lowest possible whatever it is), N. Ireland(premier Division).

All british and polish players loaded.

Game runs fine but on F.A. cup weekend takes ages because of the amount of teams playing.

oh, bugger. i answered the poll but noobed up a bit and put 20-26 cos i tought you meant nations. actually i have between 100 and 110 leagues loaded, most playable but some view-only. Makes it amazingly slow but i don't really care too much

Less is more!

I prefer a quick, long-term game that I know will still be really smooth when I'm 10 or 20 seasons in.

It very much depends where I am intending to manage. If it is just one club, I will only load the leagues from that club's country. If I am having a career where I intend to move to different leagues, I would tend to pick 3 or 4 countries and no more than 5.

I'm exactly the same. Currently I'm just playing with all the English leagues only and as I'm stikcing with one club I don't really feel as if I'm missing out but not having any more.

I'm exactly the same. Currently I'm just playing with all the English leagues only and as I'm stikcing with one club I don't really feel as if I'm missing out but not having any more.

Hence the 'dafuge challenge' no? ;)

I always sign up, but most of the time I end up playing another save with 3 simultaneous managers in 3 different countries with around 70 leagues loaded. I like scouting and being able to take over clubs in other countries if I feel like it. Too often I felt I wanted to take over another team, only to realise that I hadn`t loaded that league, or country. Right now I`m happy with my 3 managers :)

The real reason for that rule in the challenge was actually because in 2006 (when it started) I had a pretty awful computer and couldn't run much more than that!

Oh, you son-of-a ... ;) Well, it certainly makes it harder, but knowing the real reason behind it ... I couldn`t help but laugh out loud :D

Archived