Lowest leagues promotions

Quick question: How does the game choose which teams promote to the lowest leagues of a country? for example to 2ª B in Spain.

Is it totally random or are there any factors like reputation, money, players, etc that count?

Thank you and pardon my english.

Quick question: How does the game choose which teams promote to the lowest leagues of a country? for example to 2ª B in Spain.

Is it totally random or are there any factors like reputation, money, players, etc that count?

Thank you and pardon my english.

I think that this is random but I may be wrong here!

I think that this is random but I may be wrong here!

There is some random factor involved, but the reputation of the clubs definitely plays a part, over in the challenges forum you can see that the higher rep clubs come up in Dafuge's Gundo's and the other challenges a lot more regularly than the low rep ones.

Thank you! so there's nothing I can do to get my B team to 2ªB :(

If your B team can even be promoted...and I am not sure if they even can...then it's down to the luck of the draw.

The only way to guarantee it would be to run a game with add ons to the leagues in Spain so that your B team's division is playable.

If they are in a division below the first unplayable league then they will never go up. The game does not configure promotions into the first unplayable league.

Well, i've seen it happen before in other Football Manager to my B team, and I've seen Villarreal B promote in this year's fm so I guess it's possible.

I'll take a look to my B team's reputation, maybe its not bad, it was in liga adelante a few years ago.

Well, i've seen it happen before in other Football Manager to my B team, and I've seen Villarreal B promote in this year's fm so I guess it's possible.

I'll take a look to my B team's reputation, maybe its not bad, it was in liga adelante a few years ago.

Well then, they can be promoted I guess. I wasn't sure. I have never played in Spain but have played in Norway where I have never seen a second team promoted. They have system whereby the second team can not be in the lowest playable league unless the first team is in the top league (3 divisions).

Yes, improving your B team's reputation would be the easiest way. Then it would be down to the luck of the draw. If you are saying that they have been in the lowest playable league before then that should stand them in better stead to go up. Their reputation should be higher and you'll just have to play the waiting game.

What you can do, I guess, is a Dafuge's challenge thing. Save the game on a certain date (see some of the challenges to see what date for Spain - Gundo's I think) and you can keep reloading to get teams you want promoted to be promoted. It wouldn't be something for everyone because you are altering the game, but it's up to you I guess.

I love that user name by the way...just unique. Makes me think of wookies. :thup:

Never seen it happen in my games. Although a lot of it might be the fact the research for the B teams is rather poor - even for the la liga clubs. Although with the editor now, it is a lot more realistic in places, as before I had seen clubs being promoted to the Segunda B leagues which could not possibly be promoted.

Thank you again, anagain ( ;) )

Reloading is a good idea, I don't think it's a big deal in terms of cheating, as it's just to see my young players play in some competition.

The problem is that I just noticed it has only "loca" reputation, :/

Ill post if I learn something about it.

Oh and the nick is for the Frank Zappa's album :)

There is some random factor involved, but the reputation of the clubs definitely plays a part, over in the challenges forum you can see that the higher rep clubs come up in Dafuge's Gundo's and the other challenges a lot more regularly than the low rep ones.

Pretty much what this fella said. It is based on reputation with a random element and they have to be from a division which feeds into the lowest playable division. No other factors come into it.

Archived