Mexican League

Can anyone do me a favour and help me out on how it works. I am guessing it will be pretty simple once I know the rules but the opening and closing stages along with the group stages is a bit confusing at first. Thanks in advance.

Basically the top 2 teams from every group go through the playoff stage and the two best third placed teams go through as well. There is some cases in which 4 teams will go in straight from one group. For example if the 4th place team in one group makes more points than the another groups third place.

Then on the playoffs there's an advantage to the teams that finish 1-4. If the aggregate score is tied then the team that was higher in the standing will go through regardless of away goals. This counts all the way to the final. In the final if the game is tied the game will go to extra time and the pks.

Then after both the opening stage and closing are played both teams play each other in a meanigless cup.

Then i think the champion and 2nd place team go to the concacaf champions league. And then theres a special tournament that goes on in january every year called the inteliga, which is basically a tournament to decide whos qualify for the copa santander libertadores, but iam not quite shure what teams make that tournament.

And in the summer theres the super liga a tournament between the mexican league and the MLS

So yea its a bit confusing lol...

Yeah no probelm mates, and yeah it is complicated. For example this weekend the last fixtures of the league where played and there where several teams that had a chance to qualify so everyone had their calculators out trying to figure out what they need to qualify.

The problem with this structure is that it also rewards mediocrity withing the league because even if you finish in 8th you can still claim the championship. But on the otherhand the playoffs are really exciting, like all cup games i suppose.

I took over America MEX they finished the opening stage in 8th and the closing stage in 5th, I then won the play-offs and was crowned champions. What's the point of the opening stage, it seemed like only the closing stage and the play-offs really mattered.

Nice choice on America, thats the club that I support and you made them champions nice. Well let me clarify this a little better.

Concacaf Champions League - The champions and runnerups from the playoff stage of both the opening and closing stage qualify to this tournament. But the draw back is that winning a championship excludes you from the copa libertadores which is the most pretigious tournament over here in the americas.

Copa Santander Libertadores - The team that has the most points overall between both the opening and closing stage goes in directly. While the other 2 - 9 excluding the champions play in the interliga in which the winner of the interliga goes in directly while the runner up plays in another playoff game against a south american team to see if they still qualify for the libertadores.

So by winning the opening playoffs you've qualified for the concacaf champions league.

• 4 months later...

I am familiar with how the league works, but I do have some questions regarding playing as an "affiliate" club (Morelia, etc), as there are many, especially in the Mexican 2nd tier league. Anyone played as one of these clubs? Whose transfer & wage budget am I working from? Do I have free reign to sign whoever I want, or do I have to rely on my parent club to send players to me?

I once started up a game in Mexico with one of these teams, bought a good player (5-stars, yay!) and my parent club took him immediately. Tried again with another 5-star player, parent club took him to their roster. Et cetera. What gives?

Need a good explanation, please!

I am familiar with how the league works, but I do have some questions regarding playing as an "affiliate" club (Morelia, etc), as there are many, especially in the Mexican 2nd tier league. Anyone played as one of these clubs? Whose transfer & wage budget am I working from? Do I have free reign to sign whoever I want, or do I have to rely on my parent club to send players to me?

I once started up a game in Mexico with one of these teams, bought a good player (5-stars, yay!) and my parent club took him immediately. Tried again with another 5-star player, parent club took him to their roster. Et cetera. What gives?

Need a good explanation, please!

It will depend on the agreement, if it is 'player moves freely between clubs' than yes they will always take your best players, id always avoid this type of agreement and i you have one in place id terminate it asap, you will get nowhere as they will carry on doing it. All you want is 'players can go on loan' etc

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have an America(Mex) save going at the moment.

One thing I realised early on with Mexican League is just go for it , you wont work everything out !!

Basically I try and win the Opening and Closing every year,regardless of the mini groups, as once you get to the Play offs the highest ranking team wins if it is a draw after the 2 legs.

Also, I am 5 seasons in, and have only played the Copa once I think, season 1 or start of 2.

League records is won 7 titles out the 10, so I was in NA Champs League each season rather than Copa ( won 2 of the 4 entered), and only played First Div Champs trophy the times when I didnt win both opening/clsosing in same year. Was lucky enough to win it the 3 times.

Only complaint ? well 2 actually, 1 )Mexico always have Intl's during the play offs, so guaranteed to have to play at least 2 games with at least 6 or 7 reserves in the team, 2) You get 0 hall of fame points for the SuperLiga !! I managed to win it the 4 times I have entered so far and no points !!

Archived