How do you find good regen players?

I'm pretty much an amateur, and don't really know how everyone finds all these great regens in the game. Do you just search for certain attributes, send scouts out on specific criteria, or what? Any help would be appreciated. I don't like having to spend tons of money to get good players, and am not good at building for the future. So how do I go about finding these regens?

And I realize they're not available at the start of the game, I'm talking about further down the road.

If you dont have access to a lot of roaming scouts, you could always take a look at various youth sides and search for players with high values (1-3m bps). Sometimes this could be a sign that their club has given them a new contract and if theyre 16 or 17 it could mean that they have a high potential. If you see a very young player with very high value, send a scout to have a look.

You could also just search for well-known players under 18 with high values as well.

That's usually what I do when I don't have scouts searching all the time for me.

Scouting scouting scouting. If you're at a lower level and your board won't send scouts further afield, do what the poster above suggested and just check through squads and under-18s sides for the most valuable players, and try having a proper look at them. Looking through international youth squads can help too.

If you reach the top divisions you should be looking at having a dozen or more scouts; I usually have some roaming and some taking on individual countries depending on when the seasons start and new players appear. Youth international tournaments can be a good source, as well.

If you are at a top level team in a top league, I would suggest sending scouts to the underage competitions in the best leagues in Europe including but not limited to Spain, Germany, England, France and Italy and at least Argentina and Brazil in S.America. I would also set aside a few hours around the regen dates trawling throught the teams with the best faclities (Excellent+ youth academy at least).

I usest to use Genie Scout but yesterday decided to quit it because I get all the good youth which ruins most chances of other teams becoming good enough to battle me for cups.

But now what I've decided to do is set certain scouts to different tasks.

I have some scouts roaming major regions such as South America, Central Europe etc while on the other hand I've set other scouts to different youth leagues such as Russian U18's. This way I can find good performing regens and my scouts can recommend them to me.

I'm also using a tactic in which when regens are created in different countries I will send a scout with a good knowledge of that country to scout it and see if they can find any good regens that have been created there before any other clubs can get to them.

I've got scouts covering various regions (UK & Ireland, Scandinavia, South America, Central Europe, South Europe, Central America & Eastern Europe). I also set other scouts to look at individual nations, usually either European nations (England, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Russia, Holland and Scotland) or South/North American ones (Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and U.S.A.) who I simply send to scout one after the other. It usually ensures I have at least one scout look over each nation every season. I've also got them covering things such as European U19/U21's qualification & championships, as well as major international tournaments.

One other thing I do is, at least once a month, use the player search. Filter out anyone over 20 years old. Set the view to Goalkeeping, Defensive and Attacking, and sort by the various attributes. Then I just scout the top player from each that I don't already have a report on, as well as seeing if any one player has a set of attributes that really stand out next to those around him. As well as simply sorting U20s by value and scouting guys near the top.

Archived