Quick ?: Work Rate

How bad is a work rate of 1?

I'm looking into this solid player who would start for me who I can sign for free, but he has a workrate of 1 and teamwork of 1.

I only have 5 non eu player spots on the team, and he would fill the 5th for half a season at least.

Should he be avoided even though he would be a big improvement for the position?

I tend to stay away from players like that. He's seems like a player who will not only try to do everything by himself but will also expect the ball to come to him instead of him having to move around constantly looking for space. He would likely be quite lethargic.

But I could be wrong....

If you want to risk it go right ahead.

He also has very low off the ball. So it sounds like he won't move around at all (and waste his good speed) and probably won't utilize his good crossing and passing, instead opting for using his good finishing.

however, he averages 7.36 rating in South Africa, and has had 6 and 7 assist years. Not stellar, but about thats better than the AMR I have now.

Sign him on a 1-2 year contract. If he doesn't perform then sell him for profit, if you can't sell him then let his contract run out. Also if he performs well you can always extend his contract, just take a risk if he's a significant improvement to your current player.

Archived