Compress News Items

Something that I've noticed in the many versions of CM/FM, and something I'm surprised hasn't been sorted

Why are we having separate news items for what is basically the same thing, instead of compressing them into one item?

Example 1...

Accepting to buy/sell player

You get a new item saying the player has accepted terms, and any reasons for agreeing

We then get a 2nd item straight after, asking us to confirm/reject said transfer/loan

Why? Surely it would make sense to compress them into just one

News Item would then become -

Player X set for Team Y

<selling team>'s Player X has agreed terms with Team Y

<insert any reasons for accepting here>

The <price> deal can now be completed

>>- Confirm -<< >>- Reject -<<

Example 2...

Upon completion of transfer, if there is any reaction from fans or players, again we get a 2nd item

Instead

Fans upset at transfer of Player X

Today saw the completion of a <price> transfer that has brought <player description> Player X from <selling team> to Team Y

However, the transfer has been greeted with dismay from fans of Team Y who feel Player X will bring disharmony to the team

Example 3...

After games, we get at least THREE items

1. Quick overview

2. Man of the match

3. Fan reaction

So how about...

Team A fail to make chances pay

Team A 1 - 1 Team B (Serie A)

<Match Description>

Attendance: <xxxxx>

The games MoM was PlayerM who produced an outstanding performance looking comfortable with his precise passing and great defensive play

Team A now stand at 3rd in the Serie A, dropping one place with Team Z going above them after their <score> win at <Team C> (Change for cup matches obviously)

Team A's fans are expected to be disappointed with this result due to the team wasting too many goalscoring opportunities

That's just 3 examples, and I'm sure there are more

Personally, I would like them to be tidied up, I dislike seeing a news item pop up just to have one or two sentences, especially when the next news item expands on the previous one... just combine them, allows us to have more history in the inbox as well

I've just looked at the longest news item I can find using the smallest resolution the game will allow and I'm still not having to scroll

I can see it happening for match reports though, but on the others... nope

Oh and the "News section" - ie. world news, not inbox, really needs to be made more user friendly, anyone know if we can modify the appearance of that with skins by any chance?

I'll look in the skinning forum when I get back later, but if anyone already knows, will save me 10 minutes

I guess it is one of those things which will be nice to have, but frankly won't bother most people without. It's just a minor nuisance imo, I can live with it.

Maybe instead of adding them into one news item, we can subscribe/unsubscribe to eg. fans reaction, MoM. It could speed up the game and I don't think I need a recap of the MoM of the match I just played or fans reaction to a comfortable win which I'm sure they are pleased about.

Archived