do stadium restrictions apply in football manager?

i was at my local football club today after surviving relegation on the last day of the season with all results going our way.

but a little history lesson (stay with me) Margate FC (my local) got promoted to the conference premier back in 2002 and they had to have improvements on there ground as it couldnt hold the amount of seats as it was an all standed ground, they were given a few seasons to make the corrections in the mean time they had to play at local clubs (Dover athletic for a few seasons) and as we still didnt have the correct additions made we were relegated 2 divisions to the Ryman Premier (7th tier) and they have just survived relegation today

but that made me think if a team like Margate did go up in football manager, do they have to do the stadium improvements, or does it not matter?

thank you

There is rules IRL for which a team must comply in order to be promoted. IIRC, Stevanage won the BSP 10 or so years ago but at the time their stadium didn't meet Football League requirements so they were denied promotion.

I'm not sure what the regulations for it are, but I believe its the same for Championship, League one and League two and then changes for the Premiership.

Archived