'Result disappoints fans'

Coming towards the end of the season, FA Cup semi with chelsea followed by top of the table clash with chelsea away. Winner of the semi virtually secures the FA Cup (other semi was won by Bristol City, now a lower-mid table prem team). Winner of the league game all but secures the title with only a few very easy fixtures left to play for both teams. I played a weakened team in the FA Cup hoping to focus energies on securing a league title. Lost narrowly 1-0 in the final minute to chelsea who played their strongest team, and the fans are unhappy. I'm punching above my weight anyway to be in contention for the league. Just beat chelsea 2-0 in the league and only need a couple more wins to do it because of my goal difference. The fans were obviously pleased with the result, but they can't forget about the loss in the FA Cup. This seems a tad harsh? I thought I more than made up for a narrow loss by comprehensively beating chelsea at 'Terry Arena'.

I think the fans would be disappointed in real life that you didn't play a full team. It's an FA Cup semi-final, at Wembley, and the fans would have loved to have won the game. The thing that makes up for the loss is that they are pleased that you won. I know I'd be gutted if my team did this in real life.

Archived