Should there be a late goal/super sub hidden attribute?

in real life there is no actual "super sub" or "late goal" players. I mean the only reason why we think there are is because we want to remember them and because their managers use them in this way. We had a player in Greece like that. He scored 10 goals in a season and all of them after the 70th minute. But the only reason for that is because he was put in the game after the 70th minute. it is playing with the chances actually.

so no, i wouldn't like it

in real life there is no actual "super sub" or "late goal" players. I mean the only reason why we think there are is because we want to remember them and because their managers use them in this way. We had a player in Greece like that. He scored 10 goals in a season and all of them after the 70th minute. But the only reason for that is because he was put in the game after the 70th minute. it is playing with the chances actually.

Does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer mean anything to you?

Is that player not described as a super sub?

probably i didn't make my point clear. Those players that come in game late and play well should be NAMED "super subs". But this should only be a label. In pes2010 for example there is this SKILL for players and you can make them super subs! Therefore their stats increase if they are introduced to the game after the 70th minute! This is not realistic and THIS does not happen in real life! that was my point! A player who has finishing 15 in the first half will half the same in the second half, 80th minute, being substituted or not. I hope i made it clearer!

It's not the particular player or an ability for a team to score late goals but just a bonus to being more determined. Some teams simply don't give up until the final whistle. As mcuh as I detest Manchester Utd, you have to hand it to them for their ability to pull out the goods at the very end of a match.

I don't think new attributes are needed as it's more likely covered by player attributes rather than an overall team one. Players have stats for determination, teamwork and work rate, for instance. A good manager with the right attributes can get players high in those attributes to peform till the end.

I don't think there should be an attribute for it because the qualities of a super sub are based on a combination of mental attributes (as well physical and technical ones of course) in combination to what you tell the player before you send him on the pitch. Some substitutes react well to certain team talks and go out and become game changers.....and that's what makes them super subs.

Archived