Oh dear lord. What have i done!!??

Baiscally, just got promoted in the first season of the game as coventry, dont ask me how cus i have no idea myself. I told myself at the start of the season " its coventry....mid-table" went up via the play-offs. ( thinking about it now, i shoulda thrown the game!) but now i've got to do what ever i can to keep them up!

Anybody got any players that will help me scrape through the season?.. cus, lets face it. Coventry will do a Derby....if not worse.

He was managing Chelsea at the time...

It is like winning everything on FM with Barcelona and saying that you are a great FM player :rolleyes:

You give him a challenge with Portsmouth (who have had a ridiculously easy FA campaign) and he finishes 20th. Even if you give him the 10 points back.. he is still 20th.

My respect for Avrams gone up alot tbf. He's had alot to deal with and still gets pompey to the final, and used his own money to help the club if i remember correctly and still produces ok performances in the prem.

Seriously?! We had an easy campaign.

Coventry (who we scraped against)

Sunderland

Southampton

Birmingham

and then Tottenham.

What Avram has done with Portsmouth is nothing short of a miracle. I hope he wins the cup for them.

The fact he's stayed there and kept going despite everything thats happened at the club shows the kind of man he is. He's got some good results with a **** team that someone else put together. I thought he should have been given a full season at chelsea, couldnt have been worse than big phil.

He was managing Chelsea at the time...

It is like winning everything on FM with Barcelona and saying that you are a great FM player :rolleyes:

You give him a challenge with Portsmouth (who have had a ridiculously easy FA campaign) and he finishes 20th. Even if you give him the 10 points back.. he is still 20th.

Firstly it was 9 points, secondly, they were already 20th when he took the reins, im pretty sure. And the stuff he's had to put up with. No money, 120m worth of debts, nothing to get new players basically trying to loan here and there to put a team together.

I think hes done a fantastic job with them

Baiscally, just got promoted in the first season of the game as coventry, dont ask me how cus i have no idea myself. I told myself at the start of the season " its coventry....mid-table" went up via the play-offs. ( thinking about it now, i shoulda thrown the game!) but now i've got to do what ever i can to keep them up!

Anybody got any players that will help me scrape through the season?.. cus, lets face it. Coventry will do a Derby....if not worse.

I don't know about specific players but you need a rock solid defence. If you can't defend you are going down.

Cherry pick the real stand out Centrebacks from the Championship, or any cheap/veteran decent PL Centrebacks around and make sure you defend for your life.

Then you want a couple of wingers/forwards that are good on the counter, and a giant of a Centreforward for when you play against Arsenal.

What aderow said. I'm certain the genius is joking.

Last time I checked, Avram Grant was the ONLY Chelsea Manager to lead them to the European Cup/Champions League final, something not even the special one himself managed.

As for the original question, I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as for specific players. All I could suggest is to identify areas of the team that you definitely need improving, and then use the Player/Staff search to try and identify players with the Attributes you need. Buying players with a Determined personality will help. I go by attributes only, I don't consider my Assistant Mangers advice, player reputation or value.

Good Luck in your game, hope you manage to keep Coventry up.

Last time I checked, Avram Grant was the ONLY Chelsea Manager to lead them to the European Cup/Champions League final, something not even the special one himself managed.

As for the original question, I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as for specific players. All I could suggest is to identify areas of the team that you definitely need improving, and then use the Player/Staff search to try and identify players with the Attributes you need. Buying players with a Determined personality will help. I go by attributes only, I don't consider my Assistant Mangers advice, player reputation or value.

Good Luck in your game, hope you manage to keep Coventry up.

That is funny, please remind me what Avram Grant actually won that so called season the put Chelsea on Champions League final?

Some people on here must just live in a FM world lol!

Avram Grant has done a superb job at pompey this season took over them when they were already basically relegated and still managed to get them to an FA CUP FINAL, while beating three premiership teams including one challanging for Champions League football.

He also took over a very low morale Chelsea team after Mourinho went and managed to get them to the Champions League final where they were one spot kick away from winning and maybe should of if Terry didnt slip.

Just beacause a lot of people on here start a game with Chelsea, Barcelona etc and win everything inside 3 years they think it happens in real life!!!

What positions do you need?

If you need all positions, best thing to do first off is look at the teams who previously got relegated from the premiership and try to sign all of thier good players reasonably cheap.

Then i would look around other regions to see if you can pick up any un-heard of players with good stats.

Some suggestions of championship players would be, Gary Hooper (Scunthorpe), Ishmael Miller (West Brom), Chris Cohen (Notts Forrest), Kevin Nolan (Newcastle), Wayne Routledge (Newcastle) etc etc, scout around. (depending on who got promoted with you as well)

A final option would be to check existing premier league clubs reserves, often good players are not getting games as the first team is too good (chelsea or man utd for instance) try sign some of them

Recommendations: Patrick Van Aanholt (chelsea reserves), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea reserves), Diouf (Man Utd Reserves)

Hope that helped :)

Andy

Look at Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre, he might have moved from there by now though, should be able to get him in for around 2-3 mill.

He is a tall striker who is great at heading, dribbling and finishing, ideal target man who got me around 20 goals in my first season in the Prem as Norwich.

Even the best managers can get relegated. Look at Avram Grant with Portsmouth.

look at what? they got relegated....well done to him. if he was a good manager he would have kept them up. and i dont buy what happened to the club off the pitch is to blame. yes it will have a negative effect but nearly every club is in debt. he had some decent players there who are professionals.

redknapp took spurs from the bottom of the table and did a damn good job to get them where they are. roy keane took sunderland from the bottom and he got them promoted.

and as for coming second in the league and getting to two finals he did it with mourinhos squad. the only notable player grant brought in was anelka. other than that it was mourinhos squad. apart from winning a couple of titles in isreal, not exactly the premiership, seria a or la liga (no offence intended to isreal), he has done nothing.

grant is mediocre at best

Redknapp turned Tottenham into the team it should be, given the players they have. Same with Keane at Sunderland a couple of years back. The squads were severely underperforming and those two good managers came in and turned it around, well done them. Has nothing to do with Grant not being able to keep Portsmouth in the league. Grant is a very, very good manager - how can you doubt this? Through blinkered eyes. I suppose all the people who have paid him millions were wrong, all his peers and fellow managers etc etc, they don't know what they're talking about, it isn't like they've lived and breathed football for years upon years. Portsmouth probably couldn't afford him, but they weren't wrong in their valuation of him.

look at what? they got relegated....well done to him. if he was a good manager he would have kept them up. and i dont buy what happened to the club off the pitch is to blame. yes it will have a negative effect but nearly every club is in debt. he had some decent players there who are professionals.

redknapp took spurs from the bottom of the table and did a damn good job to get them where they are. roy keane took sunderland from the bottom and he got them promoted.

and as for coming second in the league and getting to two finals he did it with mourinhos squad. the only notable player grant brought in was anelka. other than that it was mourinhos squad. apart from winning a couple of titles in isreal, not exactly the premiership, seria a or la liga (no offence intended to isreal), he has done nothing.

grant is mediocre at best

Redknapp, while in my opinion currently the best English manager... got Southampton relegated. :D And Ancelotti has barely made any signings since taking over at Chelsea. Do you also not give him credit? :cool:

re: Anelka. Do you mean last season's Golden Boot winner Anelka? :confused:

Portsmouth have a squad of Championship players, free agents, loans and has-been! That team was doomed from day one.

You're analogies are misguided as pointed out by numbas2.

So, Grant takes "Mourinho's squad" to the Champions League final, beating Liverpool along the way, and comes a kick away from winning the trophy.

Mourinho takes Mourinho's squad to perennial failure and loses to Liverpool, Barcelona and Liverpool.

If both managers had the same squad at their disposal, i guess the difference was the managers...

If coming from relative obscurity to win a Premiership and Champions League runners up medal and then guiding a doomed team to the FA cup final is doing "nothing" then you must have some real impressive achievements on your CV ;)

Archived