Why don't clubs ever buy anyone

example: i'm in my 2nd season wtih AC Milan, the most expensive transfer into Serie A this season was me buying Gourcuff for 20mil.. the 2nd was Michael Dawson to Inter for 8mil :eek:

Not to mention Edin Dzeko has been for sale the whole transfer window and nobody even bidded for him...

I'm sure 10.2 used to have much more transfer activity, and i'd go back to that but the match engine was horrific :(

Transfers are fine on my game other than a few unrealistic ones which are the real problem. It might depend on how many leagues you're running.

running 7 leagues, including brazil and argentina.. might that have something to do with it? this is the first time ive ran them 2 leagues, i only usually run the top 5 european leagues and havent noticed the transfers be so bad before

I've seen plenty of big money transfers on my game. Despite my 97m bid for Fabregas, some 20 in-game years ago now, the biggest transfer I've seen was 63m from Inter for an Italian left back.

I haven't received many bids in excess of 40m for any of my players though, that's despite quite a few of them being world class and having worldwide reputation. This might be partially due to me constantly making sure they have at least 3 years on their contract.

However, it would be nice for a club to make me an offer I couldn't refuse. :D

running 7 leagues, including brazil and argentina.. might that have something to do with it? this is the first time ive ran them 2 leagues, i only usually run the top 5 european leagues and havent noticed the transfers be so bad before

Yes, it might be. I run around 35 leagues.

I only run 3 leagues and the transfers are disgraceful.

5 seasons in and I have done the 6 leading transfers by far. The highest other signing was £32.5 M for Sanchez from Man City. Ridiculous that is the biggest one after 5 years. There have been a few others between £15- £25m but thats it.

Very boring

I hardly ever see transfers over 15mil, and there is hardly any "big" transfers. Also, every club wants like 10 x the value of the player, its ridiculous

I agree that there are rarely/never any 'big transfers' (like C. Ronaldo's recent real-life £80M move to Madrid) but that doesn't really bother me. As for clubs wanting 10x player value; that is a temporary valuation by the club(s) to put potential buyers off. They're basically saying "Player X is not for sale", but you can unsettle said player(s), negotiate the fee down etc - there is a media/interaction model in-game for a reason, and you can use it to your advantage.

No club in real life will just tell you their 'true' valuation of a player right away (unless they REALLY want rid), you have to dig and poke to get your man. This is the fun of the game.

I've noticed this a bit too. In my 10.1 game, I had Liverpool, Man City, OL, and Madrid offer $40-55 million for players. Now I haven't had anything more than 20 mil. Man City bought Ashley Cole and Cech in that game in the 3rd year for over $100 mil combined, yet now when they show interest they won't even bid $25 mil. Only thing I can think of is perhaps because I am running 20 leagues opposed to 4 before, there are more players available..but still.

This is the worse thing about this years. Completely kills the enjoyment of long term games when nobody is bothered about buying or selling.

The only one making mega transfers is me...45 million pounds - Aguero...43.5 - Pique...60 - Fabregas...Salvio - 28...Neymar - 20...Pato - 38...The biggest I seen is 30 million for gourcuff in my team to Lyon, and it was me who demanded for 30 million if not it will be around 21 only

I've seen plenty of big money transfers on my game. Despite my 97m bid for Fabregas, some 20 in-game years ago now, the biggest transfer I've seen was 63m from Inter for an Italian left back.

I haven't received many bids in excess of 40m for any of my players though, that's despite quite a few of them being world class and having worldwide reputation. This might be partially due to me constantly making sure they have at least 3 years on their contract.

However, it would be nice for a club to make me an offer I couldn't refuse. :D

What must the club do? Show you a horse head? :D

Archived