player kicks up a fuss

my player gets sent off in a continental match for 2 yellows - i give him a warning and he accepts it

then he gets sent off again for 2 yellows in the match after the next (he gets banned for 3 matchs for bad dicipline, 5 yellows and 2 reds in 5 matches) so i fine 1 weeks wage,

24 players go mad about it...

is that realistic? :(

same a happen to me with Antonhy Anna great player but always gets yellow or red so i always give him a warning and then he accepts and if i give him a 1 week fine everybody gets mad so i just give warnings... maybe they can fix a bit this...

You can get an idea from the match report and any post-match discussion. If they weren't warranted yellows that might be a reason for the grumbling.

It does seem a bit drastic that the whole team is grumbling though. I'll grant you that.

If my past experiences are anything to go by I wouldn't worry excessively anyway. I've experienced mass grumbling sessions in the past and they're usually forgotten about in a few weeks. I also noticed little, or no, difference to performance. Just don't fine anyone else for a bit.

I do have one suggestion. You can do this or ignore it. It's up to you but don't blame me if you try it and it fails. I would be inclined to tell your team you expect a performance in the next match. Don't tell them you expect a win unless they are huge favourites though. It may shake them up into realising you're the boss and they have to accept your rules. You could even single out a few ringleaders if you wish.

Thanks for the advice:thup:

From looking through the match report it doesnt look like there was much opposition to either cards, however my main problem was with the fact that he had a 3 match ban 5 games into the season, i wanted him to see that it wasnt acceptable to get that many yellow cards. Hes asking for a red if he does, but theres no way of telling the player thats what you are angry about (maybe "reasonings" should be a suggestion for future FM's, in team talks as well)

Luckily I have a tiny team next up so I will tell them that I expect a performance

Archived