90th minute saviours.

I just won my second running League Cup, with two 90th minute goals.

Please note, I am NOT complaining, though I would if it were the other way ;). The game actually went for ten and a half minutes extra, and the extra time given was five minutes.

I can’t find the extra time given, but here’s the 90 + 8 minute goal screen shot. :)

a1ra13.png

I have been leading 1-0 against strong team in cup and in final (injury time) minutes they got corner kick.

Whip it in, shot, my GK turns ball away.

New corner, my defender heads behind.

New corner, shot - blocked and deflected behind.

New corner, header, tipped over by goalie.

Etc. etc. etc. I think they got up to 8 corners in a row. 96 minutes played (though only +2 added). Referee didn't stop because they always got another corner, shooting and heading everything towards my goal. Finally my defenders managed to clear the ball and referee signalled the end of game but those minutes seemed very very long to me.

I have been leading 1-0 against strong team in cup and in final (injury time) minutes they got corner kick.

Etc. etc. etc. I think they got up to 8 corners in a row. 96 minutes played (though only +2 added). Referee didn't stop because they always got another corner, shooting and heading everything towards my goal. Finally my defenders managed to clear the ball and referee signalled the end of game but those minutes seemed very very long to me.

I would’ve been screaming at the screen :eek:.

These weren’t corner goals, the play just continued, which is confusing. I just watched the end of the match just then, my team were just back-passing and lobbing the ball into the penalty area from half-way, which isn’t even my tactic? The ball would get cleared to my midfield, and they’d do it again. :)

Were you playing Man Utd?

I win a lot of games late on. I've got world class forwards (2 strikers, and two forwards converted into wingers/inside forwards, who bang them in), and they've all got great concentration and fitness, so they almost always can capitalise on the tiredness of the opposition, especially in injury time.

My striker Claussio (regen obviously) for Newcastle in around 2025 scored so many late goals it was untrue, won me 5 or 6 cups due to late goals during QFs and SFs. Ridiculous, it got to the point we were sitting expecting him to score.

Left the club (career game) he's 29 and just went through 300 league goals, one of the best FM strikers I've ever had, and I've been going since original version of CM with fake player names.

Last season in a cup semi-final against everton the match was 1-1 before extra time, I ended up winning 5-2!

Last minute saviours always arrive for me in the champions league against real madrid:

Two seasons ago in the quarter finals I drew 1-1 in the first leg and was 1-0 down in the second, then in th 87th minute Krivets cuts in from the left and smashes it past Casillas from 20 yards! In extra time, exactly the same move but he's brought down in the box, penalty, win in extra time!!

Last season in the final, I was 3-1 down after 60 minutes, quickly get it back to 3-2. Time passes and the referee indicates 2 minutes of stoppage time. At 90+3, Gignac, centre of the box, pops up with a header and scores!!! :D 3-3 in normal time, and I score again in extra time to win 4-3 aet :D:D

My first champions league win and what a way to do it!

I was watching the champions league final the first year in my game. It was Barca vs ManU. It was all tied up at 1 going into stoppage time.

Well with only a few seconds left, Messi sliced the defense with a great pass....straight to BOJAN who laid it in. I was a casual observer and I flipped out! Was one of the coolest wins I've seen, Messi to the kid who is younger than me, for the european championship!!!!! Spectacular.

Archived