keeper does stupid things?

in my man utd squad, my keeper ben foster ( deputising for the injured hugo lloris out for 1 month) grabs the ball, the opposition striker is no where near enough, and the next thing, ben foster lets the ball run away from him, letting the opposition striker to nick the ball off and score a simple goal =( why is it happening?

eccentricity

sell him he was complaining to me that he wants to be regular in the first season, in december when Edvin van der Saar was injured, Kuszcak (?) was my third choice.

and he went on getting worse with every game, so eventually Kuszcak took over and did far better then him becoming my first choice keeper (Edvin was slipping in and out of injuries)

Kepperes do stupid things sometimes .... like trying to drive the ball half-way up the field before trying to pass it ... or in my latest game:

Opposition keeper takes a free kick outside his own box, long ball up to my 4 defenders and their lone striker ... ball lands near the edge of my box, and despite 4 defenders ready to receive the ball, the keeper is out almost at the edge of the box. Lone opp. striker gets a head on the ball, and it flies wonderfully over the top of my stranded keeper and into the goal. If he had stayed near his own line, that would have never gotten in .... to say the least, I was fuming!!

i recogn it could be a let me say with a hint of sarcasm *cough bug cough* lol just kidding. Any chance you have barthez as a goalkeeping coach? lol by the way this is a little pop from a fellow man utd and yes i live in manchester before anyone asks. Salford born salford bred.

Look at Schmeichel. He was a great keeper but had the occasional howler. I think you just have to accept that your keeper will do this and either live with it or move him on and hope that your next signing isnt as eccentric.

Archived