Moment's you didn't think through...

Has anyone done something without thinking about really thinking it through. The moment that provoked this was during the Community Shield against Reading. A bid of a sidenote, Navarro, a versitile player of Reading had never scored a goal for his club in 3 seasons, so today was the perfect day for him to score a hattrick! But back to what happened. Carroll had levelled the score in the 98' minute (for once the rediculous levels of injury time had helped me) and so it went straight to the penalty shootout. But just after Carroll scored I thought for a second and realised that I didn't have that many good penalty takers, so I thought, I better put Baxter on while I have the chance. So I decided to take off my keeper Takahashi!! Didn't think that through did I.

Actually Baxter was the hero, first saving two penalties and scoring his!

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Has anyone done something without thinking about really thinking it through. The moment that provoked this was during the Community Shield against Reading. A bid of a sidenote, Navarro, a versitile player of Reading had never scored a goal for his club in 3 seasons, so today was the perfect day for him to score a hattrick! But back to what happened. Carroll had levelled the score in the 98' minute (for once the rediculous levels of injury time had helped me) and so it went straight to the penalty shootout. But just after Carroll scored I thought for a second and realised that I didn't have that many good penalty takers, so I thought, I better put Baxter on while I have the chance. So I decided to take off my keeper Takahashi!! Didn't think that through did I.

Words fail me. That must be the stupidest thing I've read on here. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Brilliant!

Actually Baxter was the hero, first saving two penalties and scoring his!

You got rocks in your brain mate? Stupidest thing I've ever seen haha!

My stupidest moment was fining Messi for getting 2 yellow cards. Needless to say he wasn't happy, and neither was the majority of the team.

Luckily, there is a program called FMM...

Well... What can I say, he did win the shootout for us.

Then again there was the time I was in a hurry to finish a match and Johnson was completly buggered so I was going to sub him for Cisse (a long way back now). I grabbed my 17 year old keeper instead however and didn't notice until after I'd hit okay...

However dumbluck went for me then too, he was brought down in the box with his only touch in the match. I should also mention that this was techically his debut.

I had Ustari in the holding role for a good half hour, with Diarra or someone like that in goal, I didn't notice, and fortunately no problems!

Signing players however is where most of my errors occur, Riquelme, £12,000,000 or something, and I managed to ignore the fact he didn't get a work permit!

Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

Adopting a 'Score one more' apporach to football, whereever i am at.

Its not good at times, especially when you draw 4 game 5-5 in one season.

I'm exactly the same, you know it's time to change when you've had a 6-6 draw and two 8-3 defeats in one season icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by DietSpam:

Why would you take your keeper off? That's the stupidest thing I've read on these forums. And that's saying something.

I often bring a keeper on when im short of outfield players.

Poor Martyn Margason has made 8 sub appearences this season.

2 at RB, 3 at DM, 2 at LB and 1 at FC.

And still has a good average rating icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Archy-91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

Adopting a 'Score one more' apporach to football, whereever i am at.

Its not good at times, especially when you draw 4 game 5-5 in one season.

I'm exactly the same, you know it's time to change when you've had a 6-6 draw and two 8-3 defeats in one season icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont do boring, im that sorta person lol.

I have no regard for defence.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

Why would you take your keeper off? That's the stupidest thing I've read on these forums. And that's saying something.

Well I have a tendency to do irrational things in pursuit of a result. I normally sub off a defender with poor penalty taking attribute, but something went wrong in my head (because my previous keeper was actually very good with penalties) and I decided to take off my keeper instead of a defender. Hey, it worked the treat. Baxter was hero of the day, no matter how stupid it was.

Archived