Do people lie in this forum?

I, like all of you, am a huge fan of the game and have two or three saves going on however none of my acheivements are that extraordinary -Champs league winners with Chelsea, couple PL title wins. In a lesser game in previous years I played with Peterboro and gained succesive promotions to the championship but got battered every week and soon went back down the other way.

When I come on these forums i see achievements like - Braintree from BS to Prem league in 5 years, Notts county signing Ribery/Aguero in season 5....

Is this viable/true? Fair play and well done if it is however I must be the worst player in the world as I could never achieve this...

For some, yes it would be true

For others, I would think them getting a helping hand wouldn't be too far from the truth

I've done the straight promotions only once or twice (with playing CM/FM for over 10 years), but it was a team with quite abit of buying power and I was lucky with transfers, now I'd find it boring too do that

Concerning the amazing signings, the example you've given is more than doable tbf, but is both a factor of skill and luck

and yes it is viable tho havent done it with anyone below league 2 on this version and never with anyone from the bss/bsn on any version, always find the conference difficult if i get promoted there.

Of course people lie look at my location for one:D. There were a rash of threads on the forum a while back where people were claiming great achievments, but who were quickly found out, as it was obvious they had altered the game significantly (and in easily identifiable ways).

glad im not the only one!

only noticed that corner thing on here the other and yet to put it into practice and wont do either - a friend at work manipulates the game (and he is man city!) - fail to see the enjoyment.

the type of signings i make is in my recent Everton save - hugo Almeyda on loan (from w.breman), Beldaj from (dinamo) - if you not seen him check him out - awesome and can get him for 1.5 straight away. And last but not least rivaldo (37 and 450k)!

Enjoying my game in the real world!

Plenty of people lie and cheat, but there are also some honest gamers in here. Personally I don't care what anyone else claims to have achieved, I am only in competition with myself and the AI managers in my game world, and sometimes against 2 friends in a hotseat game.

I was actually talking with a guy yesterday or the day before who had won straight promotions from BSS to the Premiership. That's:

Won BSS, Won BSP, Won League 2, Won League 1, Won Championship = in Premiership. He said he didn't edit the game or cheat in any way, and I should take that on face value and believe it (seeing as it affects my own enjoyment not one iota), but how is that possible?

Is that a lie, is it even feasible? You'd have to be a managerial genius as well as have the most remarkable luck in signings to achieve such a feat. Again I'll reiterate that I'm not putting the fella down or calling him a cheat, and he (and everyone else) can play the game as they wish with no consequence to the rest of us, but claims like that make me feel hugely inferior in the managerial department :(

Even though i've never managed to accomplish something like that i think it's perfectly doable if you know exactly where to find good players that will play for those lower leagues at very low prices and if you also are able to find amazing regens real cheap so i totally believe that at least some of those people are legit.

I was actually talking with a guy yesterday or the day before who had won straight promotions from BSS to the Premiership. That's:

Won BSS, Won BSP, Won League 2, Won League 1, Won Championship = in Premiership. He said he didn't edit the game or cheat in any way, and I should take that on face value and believe it (seeing as it affects my own enjoyment not one iota), but how is that possible?

Is that a lie, is it even feasible? You'd have to be a managerial genius as well as have the most remarkable luck in signings to achieve such a feat. Again I'll reiterate that I'm not putting the fella down or calling him a cheat, and he (and everyone else) can play the game as they wish with no consequence to the rest of us, but claims like that make me feel hugely inferior in the managerial department :(

With you here David - i too would never dis-credit others achievements and everyone should play to enjoy, whether by using the editor or not.. However i think its fair to say that when people post their success we can rightly assume this is a genuine achievement otherwise what would be the point. Seeing these acheivements also leave me feeling equally satisfied with the game but tactically inferior!

Note - i have used the editor to create my sunday league side and was shocked to see our best player move to Tamworth for 10k! All the team are of poor quality and have no potential but is fun to see where we all are every now and then!

I think thats extremely unlikely without cheating in someway.

I'm not saying he did it knowingly but he has either found a glitch in the ME that he has taken advantage of or he is taking advantage in the transfer market in some way.

Always starting my game with lowest reputation club in england, spain or italy. Playing FM since 2004 and never got relegated or not promoted in 2 seasons. FM is very easy...

Just recently started my save with wootton bassett, and gained 8 successive promotions to the championship. No editors, no scouts. I dont get it, how people can struggle at this game...

If people want to boast/exaggerate/embellish/lie about their achievements, I suppose they should be able to, but it's not my cup of tea. Personally, I don't really see the point in doing it, but each to their own. Do people really feel self satisfied and pleased with themselves for saving & reloading/adding millions using an FMRTE/save game scouting all wonderkids? Personally, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt unless people offer screenshots that are genuine proof of claims. A mate of mine was telling me about all these great youngsters he'd signed for his then-SPL side Elgin City and how they were going to be world beaters ("got the lot for under £2.6M"). I wonder if he thought that he was pulling the wool over my eyes in making me believe that he'd genuinly come across fantastic young prospects from Vietnam, Paraguay and Slovakia merely through his club's scouting networks...

I didn't think it was possible either, but I'm now sitting in the Premiership with FC United in 2015/16. Since L2 I've always just scraped into the playoffs, and my assistant and scout always seemed to find decent frees at least good enough for the level above. Why they aren't finding them now I'm in the premiership, I don't know, it is a massive disappointment, and relegation is looking a real possibility :(

For anyone who wants to know how it is possible, I'll provide any screenshot requested.

(Btw I'm doing Dafuge's Challenge, so not using an edited DB either :) )

I didn't think it was possible either, but I'm now sitting in the Premiership with FC United in 2015/16. Since L2 I've always just scraped into the playoffs, and my assistant and scout always seemed to find decent frees at least good enough for the level above. Why they aren't finding them now I'm in the premiership, I don't know, it is a massive disappointment, and relegation is looking a real possibility :(

For anyone who wants to know how it is possible, I'll provide any screenshot requested.

(Btw I'm doing Dafuge's Challenge, so not using an edited DB either :) )

See I've started with BSS/BSN teams before but no matter how good they are (in comparison to teams around them), I always do absolutely rubbish. I'm not ashamed to admit that I happily start each new game at the top level and enjoy it very much so.

FM gives me the chance to do what I would love to do in real life (but would never happen).

I've played CM/FM since CM 97/98, sometimes leaving one edition between, always played small teams trying to bring them up, not creating a career as such but wanting to emulate Guy Roux and Dario Gradi, nurturing one club, and a result I've never won anything big.

Still in CM 03/04 I could bring a team up from the then Division 3 to Premiership in half a dozen years, but in FM it's been much harder. Sometimes it's incredibly frustrating and I do think that FM is far less fun than the old FM. More details, yet often I feel like there are little I can really influence and that like in the interviews, there's only a few "correct" choices to make, few correct tactics. Illusion of freedom.

In all these years I haven't won a single top level league, being second at best, not a single cup win, being loser in the finals few times. No international club glory either, old UEFA Cup quarter semi-final being my highest achievement. Not even a single stint as a manager of a national team.

So, I often feel a pang of jealousy reading how someone has won Premiership X times in the past Y years, but it's a choice I've made. Occasionally I do think that people have been doing a bit of saving and loading, but that's their choice. Everybody plays their game like they want to. And if they want to embellish their achievements, it's none of my business.

People care because it's annoying when someone claims an achievement but neglects to say they cheated for it. If someone fairly has a perfect season, or wins six trophies in a year, etc etc, then I want to congratulate them. But I don't, because most people who come here with unrealistic sounding achievements cheated (or whatever you want to call it) to get those. Cheating makes us doubt everything.

Blame the cheat program creators? I hate the fact that these exist, because if/when people do well legitimately, people are always going to assume there is some element of cheating going on, and it discredits people who genuinely have done well for themselves.

Blame the cheat program creators? I hate the fact that these exist, because if/when people do well legitimately, people are always going to assume there is some element of cheating going on, and it discredits people who genuinely have done well for themselves.

Exactly my point.

Yes. You just need to look in the club threads - first season - and the amount of league and champions league doubles with teams like Milan and other European teams. The amount of people that win every trophy everyseason you would think we should all go into football management! :D

But having said that you only hear the good stories - if someone did badly then they probably won't tell us about it! ;)

(Btw I'm doing Dafuge's Challenge, so not using an edited DB either )

But how do we know your not lying Genius :D You could of save/reloaded your way to the Prem! We wouldn't be none the wiser!

Just because you say it is possible as you have got to the Prem, doesn't mean you have't cheated on that save either!

I am not accusing you ffs :p, I am using it as an example.

You can never be sure if anyone is lying on these forums, but in all honesty I don't really care if they have or they haven't for a bit of internet 'glory'. Except when people make boasting threads about 100+ goals a season players with corner exploits!

One, it doesn't matter if people cheat because it should never directly affect you or me. If it does affect you, then you are worrying over things you cannot possibly influence.

Two, of course people cheat and lie. Just ask a guy about his prowess...

Lies on an interwebz forum? OMFGBBQHAXX1!111 oh noes it can't be true!!! :p;)

Sure ppl lie on here. Not that they really have to as there are so many different ways you can play this game that achievements are rather meaningless to anyone but yourself. I mean you have your corner/ME/transfer exploits, DB editing, reloading lost games etc etc, which makes comparing results between ppl's saves rather pointless.

im sure it happens thats why if your unsure about someone telling the truth or not ask for a screenie ;)

Thats true, but still dont know if they cheated when buying/selling players or resimming when they lose.

I can say with 100% satisfaction that I recently managed Tottenham for a 300th time, and have not resimmed any of them. I have only spent 6 days on 'leave' and that was when I didnt have any games for a week and there where heaps of games to be simmed by the computer.

It can also say with a 100% that I think I have an addiction to FM if I have played 300 games and have spent almost 10 days of my life playing this particular save...

I managed to do the same with Leeds (I know, not BSS - Prem, but still) in older games. It's all a matter of luck. I signed one good player in the first season and then the board gave me a ton of money in the second season. Some great players at that time were transfer listed (Mitea, Ogararu, Neri Cardozo, Alexander Song - free, Lux) and I got them all to a CH side. Obviously with that kind of firepower and defense I finished 2nd (hollidayed through the whole season) and won promotion in the playoffs. However, I do think luck has something to do with it! Most of the players I signed went for another 2 years, with the younger ones (Song, Cardozo) being first team regulars until I stopped playing the game.

I think most of the stories of successive promotions, come not from cheating per se, but more from bending the rules of the game, and knowing where to bend them.

For instance, filling out BSP/L2/L1 teams with good quality loans.

Whilst within the rules, its perhaps bending them away from a percieved realism.

Like this: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4892736&postcount=504

(Sorry col nufc1, I've picked on the Gateshead thread again).

I didn't have any loans, which is why I think it is more remarkable how I managed it.

And Ty, I understand what you mean. I think just like there is a DB edit counter on the load screen, there should be a reload counter too. Or an optional feature like FiFa (or possibly Pro Evo) used to have (iirc) that stopped cheat reloading by saving before and after the game, and if it is quit during or after, the win was gifted to the opposition, like a forfeit...

WhyTF does every care if someone cheats or not??? It's an individual game (unless online) for each to enjoy to himself. It's that simple.

When they're boasting about their achievements but have cheated, then its a problem as it discredits the game and makes it look easy when for others it clearly isn't. I don't mind cheating but i would gain no satisfaction saying 'i won this i won that' if i had clearly cheated, i would just carry on enjoying my game instead and keep quiet about it.

Well i believe some people lie. As for myself though through a lot of luck and hard work, and a good feeder club my fleetwood save went like this. 2 takeovers in first season. won BSN - 3 points clear 2nd season won BSP - 1 takeover - 1 point clear final day won the league. (by the way no transfer funds available available in either season) season 3 - 1 takeover (this was becoming common losing around 250k a season) - won league 2 goal difference thanks to a 93rd minute leveller final day of season. League 1 given my first transfer budget of 150k - 1 takeover and given another 500k to spend won league 1 by better goal difference. Season 4 - 2 takeovers 1 at beginning of season in championship (transfer budget of £6m) and one in december - mini sugar daddy by comparison - Given £11million to spend - won promotion to prem via playoffs.

Meant to add i had both Bolton up until championship and then Man utd as my parent clubs.

Season 5 - Given £25m to attemp to avoid relegation - good league cup run quarter finals thanks to a kind draw daring me against championship clubs until i met man city - finished 17th 1 point above relegation but with a 20 goal worse difference than the 3 teams who went down.

Season 6 - had a few good wonderkids starting to come through my youth ranks - got sold over my head to Arsenal, man Utd, and Man City all picking them up. Transfer budget to avoid relegation was now at £27.5 before the youngsters went this topped me up to £40 m. Finished 11th and won league cup avoiding prem teams until semi final where i drew bolton and secured 0 0 at reebok stadium and penalty shootout at my stadium.

Season 7 - went for continental qualifaction via league status got £44 m budget. Signed a couple of national status brazillians who turned into wonderkids after 6 months of training. Finshed 4th thanks to these kids hitting the ground running and tallying 30 goals between them in all comps.

Season 8 - my board backed me with £75m and thought maybe i could mount a challenge with that money - champions league knockout stage reached where i drew barcelona and lost 5 -1 on agg - won the premiership after a shaky start - 6 straight defeats and i thought i was going to be sacked - then turned at 23 game unbeaten run followed by 2 losses and then 7 staight wins - Arsenal and chelsea wobbled as they caught me.

Season 9 - just finished now - new stadium - 36543 capacity - won fa cup against a leicester city side whose been taken over (rich finances) and won the championship by an incredible 18 points. Won the league with 2 games to spare. champions league win as well. shock of champions league was real, juventus, barcelona and lyon all going out in group stage.

Season 10 just about to start now for me - gone for title win and given £75 million to spend

As for signing big name players once i finished 4th i found it easy for big name players to arrive - Neymar, Aguero (who was transfer listed) and a few wonderkid regens i brought in as well so it is possible but hinges on luck, players performing, transfer budgets and ambition.

Well, as far as I am concerned, I never lie in these forums! I am playing Football Manager for about 7 seasons with about 600 games in total, including international games and have a 100% record......but that is through sheer blatant cheating! :D

At least I am honest here! I am actually the worst Football Manager gamer!!! The ant-Christ of Football Manager! :D

Well, as far as I am concerned, I never lie in these forums! I am playing Football Manager for about 7 seasons with about 600 games in total, including international games and have a 100% record......but that is through sheer blatant cheating! :D

At least I am honest here! I am actually the worst Football Manager gamer!!! The ant-Christ of Football Manager! :D

And the remarkable thing is...I never get bored of winning! Why is this so? :D

How's being god to the ants working out?

Archived