Brazil not in World Cup? A bug?

I'm in the year 2012 in my save. I just got the job as Brazil manager and have now played 3 friendlies. The entire time I've been Manager Brazil have been dropping hugely in rankings and are now down to 15th (even though I've won 2 games and drawn 1-1 with England at Wembley).

I noticed in the updates about International Football that all the other South American squads are doing World Cup Qualifiers for 2014....I went and looked at the Qualifying group...and Brazil are not there.

Does that mean I can't make it to the World Cup?

The only reason I can seem to find is that Brazil won the Copa America in 2011...does that mean they are auto qualified?

Man...talk about pressure!

:)

I'm a little unhappy about this anyway as the Brazil players are completely against my style of play and 2 months after I took the job the England job opened up and they wouldn't have me since I was with Brazil.

Oh well. Thanks!

I remember hearing about this a while ago, don't know if it still holds true. In my first game, patch 10.1, Brazil dropped to like 20th or something in the ranking, and apparently it was because they didn't have any games set up for like the first 4 years. No friendlies, no qualifying (obviously), all they had was the World Cup essentially. I took over Brazil in my game after WC2010 and there were 3 friendlies ready from the get-go, so maybe it was fixed.

Well there were no friendlies set up when I joined them so it could still be a bug.

I probably shouldn't have complained online as my players must have found this website. We are currently at Home playing against China....and winning 2-0....it's been one of the most lackluster performances I've ever seen.

They did have one highlight though where they hit the bar 3 times and had 6 shots blocked in about 30 seconds...but of course not one of them went in.

Also China are actually getting shots on goal.....this is sad.

Well there were no friendlies set up when I joined them so it could still be a bug.

I probably shouldn't have complained online as my players must have found this website. We are currently at Home playing against China....and winning 2-0....it's been one of the most lackluster performances I've ever seen.

They did have one highlight though where they hit the bar 3 times and had 6 shots blocked in about 30 seconds...but of course not one of them went in.

Also China are actually getting shots on goal.....this is sad.

Slightly offtopic, but what formation/tactics do you use? I took over and employed a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with wingbacks. Drew Spain 0-0, drew Netherlands 1-1, beat Cyprus 2-0..rather poor performances though.

I've tried going narrow, but I just can't stand the way games go.

I've tried going with a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-2-2 and a 4-1-2-1-2...none of them have been spectacular.

In the China game I did the first half 4-2-3-1 and the last half 4-1-2-1-2.

Brazil seem too blessed in the Forward market and not blessed enough with width. I am forced to play Kaka as an AML right now.

I remember hearing about this a while ago, don't know if it still holds true. In my first game, patch 10.1, Brazil dropped to like 20th or something in the ranking, and apparently it was because they didn't have any games set up for like the first 4 years. No friendlies, no qualifying (obviously), all they had was the World Cup essentially. I took over Brazil in my game after WC2010 and there were 3 friendlies ready from the get-go, so maybe it was fixed.

Yep, it's fixed in the latest patch

Nice to see it was fixed. I managed Brazil from 2013 to 2014 WC and I kept dropping in the rankings even though I won all 4 friendly matches and tied one.

@pselus, try using a 4-2-2-2 with 2 def mid (one def and one support). An advanced playmaker and a attacking mid. Ahead a DL forward (sometime trequartista) and an advanced forward. That way I won the 2014 WC with the Seleção.

brazilfm2010wc.th.jpg

brazilfm2010.th.jpg

brazilfm2010team.th.jpg

ps: Robinho was out of the squad due to injury problems. He should be in Coutinho's place.

GK - Goalkeeper

RB - Wing Back

CB - Central Defender

CB - Central Defender

LB - Wing Back

DMC - Defensive Midfielder

DMC - Defensive Midfielder

AMC - Attacking Midfielder

AMC - Advanced Playmaker

ST - Deep Lying Forward

ST - Advanced Forward

Archived