I'm really enjoying FM2008 so much

Here is my story...i'm playing as Man Utd (8.02 patch with January transfer update) and i'm on my 4th season with them, my most successful season was my 3rd season and this is what happened...

Lost Charity Shield

Won League Cup

Won Premier League

Won FA Cup

Won Champions League

So far i'm 6 points clear at the top of the league after 8 games and Won the European Super Cup and Charity Shield and loving it because my squad are really showing so much ability and the average age is 24 so they can improve further.

My only disappointment is...the same feedback I get when I win the league, FA cup etc every year. My aim is now to progress up the hall of fame and be manager of a great national side like Brazil or Argentina and also waiting for a top club side to offer me a deal to join them so I can reject it and so the Man Utd board can see i'm loyal.

Originally posted by spleeb:

Isn't FM wonderful? Sometimes.. icon_smile.gif I never would have thought that staring at a computer monitor could be so emotional. Good job on your success, keep it up.

Emotional?...I only can dream about managing a football team in real life, but dreams are only real until you wake up, FM2008 is the next level up and below the real thing.

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spleeb:

Isn't FM wonderful? Sometimes.. icon_smile.gif I never would have thought that staring at a computer monitor could be so emotional. Good job on your success, keep it up.

Emotional?...I only can dream about managing a football team in real life, but dreams are only real until you wake up, FM2008 is the next level up and below the real thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or just as near as one can go to the real thing shall I say?

Here is my story...i'm playing as Man Utd (8.02 patch with January transfer update) and i'm on my 4th season with them, my most successful season was my 3rd season and this is what happened...

Lost Charity Shield <---- you fail at the game, try harder

Won League Cup

Won Premier League

Won FA Cup

Won Champions League

So far i'm 6 points clear at the top of the league after 8 games and Won the European Super Cup and Charity Shield and loving it because my squad are really showing so much ability and the average age is 24 so they can improve further.

My only disappointment is...the same feedback I get when I win the league, FA cup etc every year. My aim is now to progress up the hall of fame and be manager of a great national side like Brazil or Argentina and also waiting for a top club side to offer me a deal to join them so I can reject it and so the Man Utd board can see i'm loyal.

Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Lost Charity Shield <---- you fail at the game, try harder

Won League Cup

Won Premier League

Won FA Cup

Won Champions League

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That means perfection icon_biggrin.gif , I thought no one was perfect?

... never managed a lower team than Man Utd.

Which must mean ONLY Manyoounited!

There is a gloomy side to this title tho' - I've been enjoying my most successful campaign ever - I've racked up over 3 weeks gametime - and now my laptop has terminally expired. i'll have to downgrade to an old second-hand model which will no doubt not have the power to run my current save, so it looks like I'll be starting from scratch will less leagues and a smaller database. The higher you go, the further you fall icon_frown.gif

Archived