The right Time to move on ?

I have just entered my 6th season as Benfica Manager after winning the champions league last season i feel i may have achieved everything with this club , here are the honours since i took over -

Liga Sagres ( league title) 2010,2011,2013,2014

Portuguese cup - 2011 , 2012

Portuguese League cup - 2012 , 2013

Portuguese Super cup - 2011 , 2012 ,2014

Europa League - 2012

Champions League - 2014

Euro Super Cup -2012

So the question i do i move on after winning everything in Portugal and play in a more demanding league bearing in mind ive built a fantastic team over the years and have just brought Aguero for 52million ?

thanks

i see where you coming from.. i be the same undecided too. On one hand you won everything with Benfica and can only go on winning everything or lose everything..And be fed up not being the power house of late

And seeing you only just bought aguero for €52M why leave after getting such a great player for some other manager to take all the praises....

im just glad im not you :D and havin to decide what to do

I struggle with moving teams too. Which annoys me as I love reading LLM and the jumping around the manager's tend to do there.... anyway... move on - prove yourself in one of the stronger leagues in Europe.

I'd stick with them for another year with Aguero and see if you can do the CL double. Then trot off...

I'd stay. But then that's me. I can't bare to leave a club :D. Seriously. Especially not in the good years. And then when they turn back into the bad years, gives you another challenge.

same here:thup:

When I get the stage you're at I just carry on and apply for the bigger jobs which come up and take my fancy. I did LTS with Leeds (until a game breaking bug ruined my game) and I won the CL twice in 8 years I then took over Barcelona after being on the look out for jobs for over 2 years. Bayern Munich and Lyon turned me down over those 2 years.

I'm tempted to do something similar with my Liverpool team. In my 5 and a 1/3 seasons so far, I've won everything I've been entered in, apart from 1 Champs league(plus 1 when I wasn't in it to start with, when I took over), and 1 league cup. There are only 2 things keeping me from leaving. Firstly, I want a new stadium, secondly, I want to beat Bob Paisley's league titles count, and also to catch up to Man United in league titles(they have 24, I now have 23).

As for your game, I suggest you give it another season. See if you can retain all your titles such as the champs league, that's always a good challenge.

I had the intention of starting a save where i would jump about teams every couple of seasons, im now into season 12 with me managing Newcastle since day 1, i have won everything going (my history shows 10 league wins and 35 cup wins), I have a new 78431 seater stadium named after me is on its way at the end of this season, i have by far the best squad of players, but i think i need a new challenge, surely i need to stay and have a season in the Braid Stadium, i want to leave but i cant...

and as for your save i would agree give it at least 1 more, you have the Euro Super Cup and World Championship to win then if you leave you depart on the high and knowing that you are the best in europe and world champions

Stay!

I've just witnessed the Oxford the team I managed from league 2 to the Championship get promoted to the premier league via the play-offs after leaving them to go and take the Scunthorpe job earlier on that season. Needless to say I'm going to be enjoying Championship football for another year it seems.

Archived