Scottish transfer values/value ratings in general

There is a problem with the transfers in Scotland in that if a player for Kilmarnock is valued at 1 million, theyl still want at least 3 million for him. There's

no way this reflects real life, clubs in scotland are more willing to sell for small

amounts because there so poor. This isn't reflected well in FM I feel.

Which also got me thinking, would the game be better with

no values at all, and you scout a player and make an offer to a club based on your opinion. After all, a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. The values can sometimes be utterly ridiculous I feel.

Why do others think abou these 2 points?

I think the first instance, is perfectly fine. If you have a guy who's worth £1,000,000 - and he's getting interest from other clubs, you're going to bump up his value, sell him for the biggest price you can get. If he isn't transfer listed, why would they want to sell him at Market Value?

The second point, is interesting, but in my opinion, would cause a world of problems within the game. What would happen if you had bad scouts, or no scouts, (as some smaller teams do) - how would you buy a player? What if you had 2 scouts that came across the same player, and offered wildly varying valuations. Too many things could go wrong, for me.

If Kilmarnock had a player valued at 1 million then of course they are going to want as much as possible. The issue isn't that they are asking too much - the issue is that Kilmarnock have players worth that amount. Perhaps Scottish players are being overvalued by the game.

If Kilmarnock had a player valued at 1 million then of course they are going to want as much as possible. The issue isn't that they are asking too much - the issue is that Kilmarnock have players worth that amount. Perhaps Scottish players are being overvalued by the game.

That's possible, as there's

no way IRL they are worth as much as they are in game. However, as a fan of scottish football, I know, for instance someone was to offer killie £1m for bryson, there best player, they would have to snap the hand off them, such is the state of Scottish football and it's finances.

As for the point above, I don't beloved it would cause problems due to scouts as your basically making an offer based on your own opinion, due to his attributes, stats etc. And if 2 teams were to make radically different offers, you would obviously take the best one. I just feel with the transfer values it districts the game slightly. However, my suggestion would possibly require the AI to be more human like with it's decision making, rather than just accepting a bid due to a formula relating to a players' value.

But if you placed offers based on your opinion, and not a rough value, then the market would become incredibly biased towards rich clubs.

FWIW : Please don't read the players on screen value, as his salable value. There are many different things that reflect how much the club will sell the player for. Here are some of the things :

Contract Length

Squad Status

Transfer Status

Now, if you have a player who is on a 5 year deal, is not transfer listed, 21 years old, world class, and is a "Key Member" of your squad, but he's only valued at £9,500,000 - and Real Madrid come and offer you £10,000,000 for him, would you accept it? No Way. Of course you wouldn't. You would want them to break the back for this player, and even then, I personally still wouldn't sell. And this is the same for the AI Clubs. Just because they're not "real" it doesn't mean they don't take these things into account. The manager isn't responsible for the nations finances, so if he thinks £3,000,000 for a £1,000,000 valued player is what he wants, then that's what he will demand.

There is no point talking about realistic transfers for Scottish Football. That isn't how FM works. In real life a players value is how much a club is willing to sell him for, in FM it's a starting point, and it works fine that way.

Archived