Career players...How far have you got in years?

I've never really been a career player, once I get up to about 5 or 6 seasons, I generally start a new game. But this time's different!

I was wondering, all you career players, what year have you got up to? 2030? 2040?

If so, whats your story? Have there been any big clubs ending up in league 2? Any small clubs get taken over by someone and end up in the premier league? Any current players end up becoming great uillustrious managers?

ive made it to 2030 by jumping about clubs, winning everythign i can in all the countries, my current save im in 2015 guiding a side from step 10 upwards, still in the conference premier trying to get into the football league

I've never really been a career player, once I get up to about 5 or 6 seasons, I generally start a new game. But this time's different!

I was wondering, all you career players, what year have you got up to? 2030? 2040?

If so, whats your story? Have there been any big clubs ending up in league 2? Any small clubs get taken over by someone and end up in the premier league? Any current players end up becoming great uillustrious managers?

I just finished 2025-2026 season, but unfortunately it crashed, which I am so annoyed about...

Started off unemployed, joined Shrewsbury for about 7 months. Then went to Yeovil. Stayed there for 6 to 7 seasons, promoting them from League 2 to Championship, and winning the Paint Trophy once. Then resigned to join Sheffield Wednesday, and that wasn't a great spell. Joined Coventry next, and got them promoted back to the Championship. Athletic then offered a job to bring them back to LIGA BBVA. That was a short spell too, and got sacked for no reason. Then went to my current club, Hamburger SV, who nearly got relegated the season before I arrived. Won Euro Cup in 2nd season, and reached Champions League Quarter Finals. And then it crashed......:mad:

Highlights: Notts County ending up in the premier league and making it to the champions league, and Portsmouth and Bolton in League 2. Thierry Henry is managing Man City, Guardiola is still at Barca and Mourinho is still at Inter. Mexico won the World Cup in 2014, and Spurs and Man City have won the Prem too. Liverpool still haven't won the Prem. Arsenal is dominating the EPL now, winning the league 5 to 6 seasons in a row, with Aguero and Pato for their front line. And Turkey is the 3rd best side in the world. :)

In 2014/2015 with rochdale at the moment. Enjoying this game and hoping to keep it going for as long as I can. Might jump ship at the end of the season though as I seem to have taken them as far as I can (mid table prem but no money and no stadium expansion). I don't fancy another small team though. I want to go with a big team and get some big trophies under my belt before I drag another team up to the prem.

I got to 2032 on FM08 Started unemployed then jumped around every other season.

I normally have one career game and several others on the go just incase that one starts to get boring. In this case, it's my rochdale game

Just about to start the 2020/21 season with Real Madrid, having arrived there via Port Talbot, QPR and Aston Villa. We finished second last season behind an implausibly good Atletico Madrid side that lost only one league game (to Barcelona) all season. Even though the squad at Real looks good enough to need very little tweaking, we'll still have a very tough task winning the league if Atletico carry on in the same vein as before.

I'm in the 2026/27 season. Though I admit, I've only been active since 2020. The main talking points have been as follows.

Huddersfield are now in the Prem, though they've been a yo-yo club.

David Moyes and Gianfranco Zola and Jose Mourinho are still at their starter clubs.

Leeds made a return to the Prem, got relegated, promoted, then relegated again.

West Ham have won a couple of league titles and the CL in the past 17 years.

Fulham are languishing near the bottom of League 1

Middlesbrough are languishing near the bottom of League 2

Scotland, Ghana and Turkey are 6th,7th and 8th in the world rankings, with the US and Ireland just outside the top 10

Shearer is managing Newcastle and came 4th last season. Essien is in charge of recently promoted Sunderland, Modric at Villa, Gerrard at Birmingham, Joe Cole manages Ipswich with assistant Stewart Downing.

Archived