Installing the new patch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by im ya dad:

When i click it it says windows cannot open this file </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not attempt to open the file at all- save it to the desktop and then click on the download icon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by im ya dad:

all i have is the file icon on my desktop no download icon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the icon on your desktop wasnt there before you downloaded the patch, then just click on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> do i have to download the 8.0.1 patch first? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right click on this file you downloaded:-

1. if it is a .exe file then double click on it and it will install (it should look like a purple/red ball with 08 on it).

2. if it is a .rar file you need a second program called winrar to extract the .exe file, which you can then double click on.

3. if it is a .torrent file then you need to install the related torrent software so you can start the download.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by SWaRFeGa:-

Maybe you're better off without it if you can't follow simple instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In need of a caffeine or nicotine shot, or just a grumpy bastard until the afternoon? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Neither </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right click the file you downloaded that you thought was the patch and click properties. Next to 'Type of File' what does it say?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BitTorrent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the only thing you've downloaded since trying to get the patch? Did you at any point double click on this icon and download a second file?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Har. Why not both? But seriously...this is not a difficult operation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Difficulty is a relative concept based on existing knowledge. I know nada about cars so what someone who knows about cars would consider a basic operation would require me to be given step by step instructions.

Plus there's always the fear of the unknown. I'm like most people largely self taught on computers but it was only when I discovered that reformatting and reinstalling will rescue most problems that I lost that fear of pressing the wrong buttons and wrecking what for me is not a cheap expenditure.

@ im ya dad

I have never used torrents and wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole. What I would suggest is using this link

http://rapidshare.de/files/38575630/FM2008_v8.0.2_Patch.exe.html

Click on that and follow the instructions to download. Save it to your desktop so you know where it is. Once that is finished downloading all you have to do is double click on it and the patch will do all the hard work.

BitTorrent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it now- the download is in your downloads folder in Documnets- run it from there- the desktop icon is the torrent link only.

Archived