Online Hall Of Fame

Why do you assume that, stonegate? It's very hard to "cheat" the Hall of Fame, due to the longevity of playing the game needed, to actually be put in there. Even if you did cheat, it would require playing the game for 6+ seasons to make it in there. And from my experience on the forums, most cheats don't play for that long, because they get bored of it being too easy, and do it all over again.

It depends how you class cheats. Some may distinguish between someone who uses their scouts and someone who uses the player search. Personally I believe it makes a huge difference between the two.

I'd like to see how I do against other managers but I don't think it would ever be easy to find a level playground where everybody plays with the same limits or freedom.

It would easily fill with cheats. Regardless of whether or not they get bored of winning every game every season and every cup available to them and so forth.

The fact is that if you were able to get into an online hall of fame they'd keep going until they're the top dog regardless. It'd be a case of "Oh, look at this - I'm top of the football manager leagues that contains every (or as close to) fm player in the world"

well cheating as in editing ur database or saving and reloading games because u get beat just to be 1st on the leaderboards.

Yes, that's strict cheating, but I'm talking about ways that make the game easier. Some may class this as cheating and I personally believe there are ways to play the game harder or easier.

Would a leader board take into account whether a lower league manager has given themselves a reputation as sunday league or former international for example? You could ask the submitting player to state, but they could lie.

When I play I never use the player search so I just get what players my scouts/coaches suggest. Someone who filters the player search would naturally have an advantage with more players available.

Not judging anyone, just my thoughts.

naw as long as everything is within the game i dont have any problems how a person manages, thats what makes all different we manage in different ways, and then in the end u have ur trophies to prove ur way of doing things works.

even with cheaters the leaderboard could still have some creditabilty, for example if i see 10 c.l in a row for madrid from a human manager top then several places below i see a one c.l win for cambridge utd, i would think the madrid guy cheated and the cambridge utd lad done a great achivement, it be hard to cheat ur way all the with cambrige utd, u get what i mean?

Archived