Daftest advice ever from backroom staff??

I have seen some silly suggestions but I reckon that this one is as daft as they come.

My coach suggests that my LEFT midfielder sticks to the RIGHT hand side of the pitch when dribbling........:confused:

Anyone else had similar nonsense?

Once with AC Milan one of the coaches recommended I remove Seedorf as a playmaker, yet on the -personal- tab in the player profile, Seedorf's player description was "midfied playmaker". Some of the stuff is pretty strange though like if you have player with awesome dribbling, speed and agility and PPM "runs with ball often" and the staff recommen his game would be better if he was discouraged from running with the ball. This actually happens quite a lot

I've never seen the backroom staff suggest a decent addition to the backroom staff. It's as if they are trying to protect their own jobs by showing me positively useless people

I've got a couple good coaches and a couple very good scouts from their suggestions. One scout was 19 JCA 19 JPA - not too shabby.

I think the daftest advice is when you are told that your team are "among the fittest in the league" or are "among the most technically gifted in the league" etc... I've never once found this kind of advice to serve any purpose.

Any praise advice ever. If I click the 'Praise' button on the advice screen it's guaranteed to upset the player.

That's because they seem to think getting over 7.00 average in the last five games warrants praise. I usually have the backroom meeting when I am prompted, and if I see praise suggestions I nip to the squad and rank them by form over last five games and praise the players who have over 7.80/8.00 - always works well.

Another good way to praise it's just go to the confidence screen then choose players, there you have a bar for each player that have been performing good or bad, you have 6 options to criticise/praise, you just use that as a measure to which comment you should make.

For instance if the bar shows that's he's been performing "good" i'll say he's recent form is acceptable, if it's says very good but the bar isn't completly full i'll say i'm pleased and on, every player reacts differently to praise though, but it's a good basic guideline to follow and soon enough you'll be on their favorite personnel.

nothing beats my coach recomending igor akinfeev as my corner taker.

LOL! It will be funny to see him run the whole length of the pitch everytime! :D Good way to train his fitness.

I remember real life keepers taking free kicks, can't remember who but I'm alway hoping they will be caught out!

Archived