Need help with compatibility issues..

hi..just wondering whether or not my Acer Aspire Netbook is compatible to play FM 2010.. here are the specs :

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: AOA150

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version v0.3309

Processor: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1012MB RAM

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 224.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

need help...i know netbook doesn't have a dvd drive..but before i even purchase one,i wanna know whether or not my netbook can play..itz useless to purchase a dvd drive when my netbook can't even play..right now,i tried copying the the contents of the FM2010 cd to my external hardisk...then plug in the external hardisk to my netbook and execute the setup.exe file in it..i can still install...after installation via offline,when i try to click on the FM2010.exe file,the mouse cursor will change to busy at first..then nothing happen...when i try clicking the file again the 2nd time,a pop-up box will appear indicating that the file already running...which is not true..coz nothing appear on my screen..when i open up task manager,there's nothing in my application tab but in process tab,the fm.exe is running..itz a bit confusing..hope you guyz understand what im trying to explain here..hope you guyz can help..

hi..just wondering whether or not my Acer Aspire Netbook is compatible to play FM 2010.. here are the specs :

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: AOA150

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version v0.3309

Processor: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1012MB RAM

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 224.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

need help...i know netbook doesn't have a dvd drive..but before i even purchase one,i wanna know whether or not my netbook can play..itz useless to purchase a dvd drive when my netbook can't even play..right now,i tried copying the the contents of the FM2010 cd to my external hardisk...then plug in the external hardisk to my netbook and execute the setup.exe file in it..i can still install...after installation via offline,when i try to click on the FM2010.exe file,the mouse cursor will change to busy at first..then nothing happen...when i try clicking the file again the 2nd time,a pop-up box will appear indicating that the file already running...which is not true..coz nothing appear on my screen..when i open up task manager,there's nothing in my application tab but in process tab,the fm.exe is running..itz a bit confusing..hope you guyz understand what im trying to explain here..hope you guyz can help..

looking at the specs im pretty sure you have integrated graphics, think that may be a major cause of problems

Needless to say that i need not buy a DVD drive then to connect to my netbook since itz not compatible and a waste of money if i do so right?it runs with integrated graphics just like my computer..but my computer run as normal..and i can play with it even with 3D..usually play in 1 league which is the Premier League..so as not to slow down my computer..haha..thought of playing FM2010 using my netbook while im travelling..so i guess itz not possible then.. :p

If your not prepaired to use steam then you'll have to invest in a dvd drive since the disk is a dvd and not a regular dvd and as part of the copy protection the disk is required to remain in the drive while your playing fm. I am also pretty sure that moving the contents of the disk on to an external drive is an infringment of the EULA and would probably be considered illegal and could get you into a lot of trouble with SI and Sega.

Archived