International Management - Assistant Suggestions

When I first took over as an international manager, my assistant was giving me some suggestions every time it came to announcing my latest squad.

When the squad selection time came, I would get a message in my inbox saying, for instance, 'player xyz has been playing well lately and deserves a recall' and so on. He would also suggest a possible squad, to which I could reject his suggestions or automatically implement them. I found this quite useful as I would tend to implement his suggestions and then make the changes that I wanted afterwards.

I'm disappointed to find that I am no longer receiving these news items and I have absolutely no idea why that is. :(

Can anyone help with this? Does anyone know why I am no longer receiving this news item?

Might it have anything to do with the fact that I am holidaying between international matches? It sounds unlikely to me, as surely the message would still appear. :confused:

Is it something I am doing wrong or is it perhaps a 'bug'?

Is anyone having the same problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

I'm holidaying until 'next squad selection'. Following that I then pick the squad and continue through until the game. After the game, I will holiday until 'next squad selection' again.

Previously, before I selected the squad, I would get a news message from my assistant suggesting his ideas for the squad, but I'm not receiving it now for some reason. I'm only a year into the save.

Only thing I can think of, is if you've inadvertently changed any of the media subscriptions or staff assignments. Otherwise, I've absolutely no idea where the problem you're having stems from, unless it's directly related to the holidaying.

Have you tried returning from the holiday periods a few days before the squad selection dates?

I'm interested because I've just accepted my first international job with FM10. Currently Man Utd boss, nearing end of first season. Nigeria sacked their manager and I decided to throw my hat into the ring... free trip to the World Cup n' all that ;)

I got the job and am now looking forward to the tournament. Whether I'll stay after the World Cup is another matter entirely... :D

I'm managing Turkey and Betis atm, and I usaully get the squad selection suggestion a week before I actually pick the squad. I actually don't have the exact times at the moment. I stopped up last night before the international break ,and am in the middle of it now so the suggestion message is gone but the squad selection message is there (was the last but two when I finished up).

I reckon it's the holidaying that does it for you.

Very strange.

It looks as though it must be something to do with the holidaying.

This time, I went back to my old game, and I went on holiday until two weeks before the squad selection date. Then I manually continued through the days until I got to two days before the squad was to be announced. This time, there was my assistant with his suggestions! Bizarre!

I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe it has something to do with the length of time I am holidaying for and the number of news messages. :confused: I definitely wasn't receiving the messages before though.

Thanks to Heathxxx and Brian Shanahan for the suggestions. The message seems to come through two days before the squad is to be announced. Obviously, what I need to do from now on is to holiday until a few days before the squad selection date and then continue manually.

Do you get this message with the same Assistant-suggested players every time? Or does the Assistant Manager only suggest them once - don't take his advice the first time, he won't make the same suggestion again?

It is a great feature to remind you of who might have been dropped last time but deserver reconsideration. I think the Assistant Manager might be even more important on a national team for these very suggestions about a squad you, as manager, might be much less familiar with.

Do you get this message with the same Assistant-suggested players every time? Or does the Assistant Manager only suggest them once - don't take his advice the first time, he won't make the same suggestion again?

No he gives you a number of players not currently in the squad who could be included based on good form (I reckon there is a minimum CA here as well). He will also recommend the best 26 or 23 based on CA and form, which doesn't have to include any of the players mentioned first (but will include at least some). It was very handy to me around New Year because I had Demirel and Bolat both out, and I wasn't too sure of my next best keepers.

Are you having the same problem as me then Edgar555?

I guess so. I've only chosen 2 squads so far and he's not had any suggestions for either! So unlike you who had them disappear, I've just never had them. Admittedly the assmans stats are poor, but you'd think he'd have something to say.

Ivory Coast don't have a great deal of players in the game unless you make moves to ensure otherwise. That could contribute in edgar's case, but I think it's more likely to be the holidaying for Crouchy. In previous versions, if you holidayed prior to squad selection, the squad you picked was replaced with one chosen by the assistant.

Ivory Coast don't have a great deal of players in the game unless you make moves to ensure otherwise. That could contribute in edgar's case, but I think it's more likely to be the holidaying for Crouchy. In previous versions, if you holidayed prior to squad selection, the squad you picked was replaced with one chosen by the assistant.

Good point, but even with not many players surely he should be telling me which ones I should use!

Still, I've never holidayed!!! So thats definitely not my problem.

I have never gone on holiday before and I'm facing the same problem. Sometimes I get recommendations, sometimes I do not. I thought my ass man would only give suggestions if friendlies were coming up, not competitive internationals. But it has come to a mix whereby he would occasionally give me suggested squads and sometimes not, irregardless of the matches being friendly or competitive.

Sorry to double post, but as if by magic, I've just turned on FM and have a friendly coming up, what do I see in my inbox? My assmans suggested squad. Randomness reigns supreme.

That I think definitely means that you and Crocuhie should definitely report it as a possible bug.

Not a suggestion for assistants, but for International Management in general.

There should be a search function which allows you to see players who will soon become eligible for your nation, so for example, you can see how many days before you can call up Almunia or N'Zogbia for England.

:D

Funny how that sort of thing happens, isn't it? :rolleyes:

The really laughable thing is that one whole day later I got another one!!

Its World Cup time, so the first one was for my pre tournament friendly, the 2nd for the tournament squad. Like I said randomness. :D

Just banged up a reply in the bug thread. I don't get the suggestions if my squad already has 23/26 players in it already, but when it is empty, or only a partial squad, then the assman provides the suggestions.

Be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the other issue I appear to be getting, having moved international jobs, previous coaches still providing scouting reports on competitions they were assigned to, tho, as Italian manager, it is funny getting the lowdown on the Dutch squad players performances ;)

Okay, I started a new game as England for testing purposes.

I had 26 players selected for the first game and I still got the message.

However, some of them were injured. I'll try replacing the injured players before the game so that I have a squad of 26 eligible players and see if that makes any difference.

Be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the other issue I appear to be getting, having moved international jobs, previous coaches still providing scouting reports on competitions they were assigned to, tho, as Italian manager, it is funny getting the lowdown on the Dutch squad players performances ;)

I'm pretty sure that has been an issue for several versions now. :(

26 players again..... this time all available..... and the message appeared.....

So it doesn't look like that's what it is Old Git. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I can't work out if it is just random?

However it does always seem to be accompanied by a message saying: 'England boss faces selection headache'. This message arrives before it. So maybe when you don't have a selection headache, you don't get the suggested squad message.

I don't know. :confused:

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived