Crash and game lost

Picture the scene...

I'm Aston Villa.

Its Late February

I've agreed a pre-contract agreement with Joe Cole to join me on a free when his contract expires with Chelsea

I'm 6th in the League with a game in hand on 4th & 5th.

I'm in the League cup final (to be played against Ipswich?!).

I'm beating Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford in the league.

I go to investigate my team stats. They're all good. I go to investigate Man Utd's...

And the game closes itself down.

I reload FM to find that the auto-save that has processed every month hasn't worked, and the latest save I have dates back to August (both manual and automatic)

Grrrr! This happened to anyone else? Is this a known bug and is it going to be fixed? :mad:

• SI Staff

There have been a couple of rare reports of this, I've got an improvement to the auto-save system implemented for the update which will be out in the relatively near future (its in QA now) -until then please manually save using the 'Save Game' option found in the Options area.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

Happened to me as well. When you load the game again it shows an automatic save of the last time you properly closed the game. I lost 5 months this wya. Very annoying :(

I try to manual save every 2 or 3 weeks now.

same here. i save after every game now.

major issue really. because sometimes even my manual saves dont work so i have to use the automatic save (which doesn't always work)

best bet is to have 2-3 saves, and rotate them.

only way to guarantee your saves until it's patched.

Archived