Way To Monitor Important Matches?

I remember on previous versions important matches such as Euro Qualifying, WC Qualifying, Europa League, and World Cup would be shown on the game despite you not being involved in them first hand. This made it a lot easier to keep track of the competitions, the results of each fixture, and in general made you feel a lot more immersed in your game world, which is a really important aspect of FM.

I know all about suscribing to get info in my news box, but how can I make it so that these competitions appear when they are being played? It's a bit silly that they've changed this aspect of the game, IMO.

How would this work for Europa League, for example, if I wanted to see the fixtures? If I set it to every day during competition, would it show me every match day, or just every single day? If it's the latter, I suppose every fortnight would cover what I wanted to see?

Thanks for your help.

It started working finally for me during the WC, but it's still a decision by SI that doesn't seem to be thought out very well. You cannot set it so that the screen flow appears every match day during a particular competition. Therefore following the Euro Qualifiers, WC Qualifiers, the continental cups, etc. as we used to is rendered impossible. I hope they change it back to the way it used to be for FM 11. I guess the best solution would be to get offered a job with a European nation if you want to view those qualifiers "live", for example. ;)

Archived