'What Could Happen'

I think it would be great if you got news messages towards the end of the seson with promotion and relegation round-ups.

For example;

Team A need a draw against Team B to be crowned champions.

If Team X fail to win and Teams Y and Z both avoid defeat then Team X will be relegated.

etc...

Also information on how teams do at certain stadiums.

Team N haven't won at Stadium 1 for 34 years etc etc.

So a possible message could be;

(This from RL) Leicester City will guarentee a place in the play-offs of the Coca Cola Championship if they get 3 points away to Preston North End on Saturday. However, The Foxes have only one once at Deepdale in the last 51 years.

Any thoughts???

Sorry being pessimistic, if implemented correctly. I thought that Press Conferences would had depth, but instead we had a boring thing.

But I kind like this idea and would like implemented to the game.

Sorry being pessimistic, if implemented correctly. I thought that Press Conferences would had depth, but instead we had a boring thing.

This idea would just be an expansion of the media, which in turn would add variety and thus; depth.

Also, further depth would be gained when said new media comments/stories (etc) were about your own team and as you go through your career they change as you make 'game history' if you know what I mean? You win with team X at team Y's stadium for the first time in however many years and then secure promotion for example.

Not quite sure how it ties in with press conferences?

Although, you could get a new set of questions regarding this.

'Is the pressure of needing a win going to have a negative effect on your players' or something along those lines. :thup:

Thanks for all the positive replies. Hopefully SI will get wind of this and get it in for FM11 ;):D

Hopefully we could also get news on International tournement qualification. (WC, Euros, ACON etc etc)(If of course you subscribe to these tournements)..... (Came to me whilst playing the World cup demo on the PS3 :D)

Good idea, but I always do this myself anyway. I check league tables all the time so I know the repercussions of certain matches.

I do aswell, it would just save me having to do it. Plus adding a nice little feature in ;)

I have goal updates on for league games at the end of the season and for cup rounds, then do my best Jeff Stelling impression on the big moments.

I had Chris Kamara at one of my games the other day ;)

He didnt miss the red card this time though haha :D:D

EDIT: For those who didnt see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoO-05gqWc&feature=related

Would have loved this on my current save. Going into the last day i was 2 points off top. I needed a win no matter what. If 1st lost i won, if 1st drew i need to win by 3 to claim the title.

Would have loved to see that come up before the game.

I do aswell, it would just save me having to do it. Plus adding a nice little feature in ;)[/quote

I'm so glad other people actually do this, thought I was the only one. Love to be playing a team fighting for promotion/relegation on the last day as well, makes it interesting if I have nothing to play for.

Now if I can only find someone else who holds press conferences in his head whilst doing the washing up.....

Sometimes near the end of the season, your Captain or another influential player will "rally the troops", usually something along the lines of "needing to win two of their final three games" etc.

So far I've only seen this on occasion in decisive championship games, not sure about relegation.

Thanks for all the positive replies. Hopefully SI will get wind of this and get it in for FM11 ;):D

Hopefully we could also get news on International tournement qualification. (WC, Euros, ACON etc etc)(If of course you subscribe to these tournements)..... (Came to me whilst playing the World cup demo on the PS3 :D)

Good idea, would be a nice touch.

PS. that World Cup game looks good, great graphics, and that song is so damn catchy!

Would have loved this on my current save. Going into the last day i was 2 points off top. I needed a win no matter what. If 1st lost i won, if 1st drew i need to win by 3 to claim the title.

Would have loved to see that come up before the game.

Exactly the idea, sounds like a great end to the season. How did you get on out of interest?

I'm so glad other people actually do this, thought I was the only one. Love to be playing a team fighting for promotion/relegation on the last day as well, makes it interesting if I have nothing to play for.

Now if I can only find someone else who holds press conferences in his head whilst doing the washing up.....

Must admit, I forced myself to stop doing a press conference whilst on a building site the other day. Fortunatly I was up above a ceiling grid so nobody saw me :D

thanks for that clip dan_lCfc, made me chuckle that :D

Fixed that one for you :rolleyes:

Sometimes near the end of the season, your Captain or another influential player will "rally the troops", usually something along the lines of "needing to win two of their final three games" etc.

So far I've only seen this on occasion in decisive championship games, not sure about relegation.

Seen this the other day whilst fighting for promotion. Thought it was a great little touch.

Good idea, would be a nice touch.

PS. that World Cup game looks good, great graphics, and that song is so damn catchy!

Grrr, that song was literally in my head ALL DAY LONG.

Will probably get it after the world cup when the price comes down to a tenner mind :D

Archived