and they say iker casillas is the best keeper in spain??

haha well valdes as you can see is fantastic for me, doing the same again this season and much better than casillas' first season and better still this season :) id like to say maybe my defense has something to do with it but with the 44 clean sheets in 62 games its pretty much down to himself.

i dont think thats low, for a goalkeeper anyway, as you can see from the screenie above, 40 clean sheets in 64 games with an average rating of 7.05

yes with any team the defense has an impact on a keepers clean sheets but with so many over a season you cant fault the goalkeepers, especially when i personally had a few injuries over the season and try to give my players a fair amount of games so my back line was always changing :)

A goalkeeper can only be as good as the defence in front of him ;)

Though if the defence is rubbish, he'll get more chances to "show off" (Shay Given's made a career out of looking better than his defenders) ;)

valdes is just an average player who is highly overrated because of the two good defenders who play in front of him(which interestingly play in the front of casillas in national team as well).

he struggles against quality finishers....saw it agnst van nistlerooy, he spilled a walcott chance.....and wasnt spectacular by any means yesterday as well....

ok i was talking about in game and only used the title to catch peoples attention. in reality they are both good goalkeepers and casillas is still one of the best goalkeepers in spain/europe if not the world.

just wanted to show people how well valdes was doing for me (the most clean sheets any of my keepers have ever had)

TBH, ive found that keepers usually get low ratings unless they're constantly saving shots or dealing with attacks, then they go up.

I've had a 0-0 draw a few times and my keeper has been 9.0 or 10 due to the saves and what not. The world class defense in front does help, but to have seasons with lots of clean sheets is impressive

This season, valdes has been miles better than Casillas. Casillas has at times made some really stupid mistakes and looked grossly off his game.

If the Spain team were picked on ability, Casillas would always be in goal; but picked on form, Valdes (and Reina) definitely should have got a look in.

Its completely unfair to compare cleansheets and goals conceded as some GKs have a horrid defence in front of them. Personally I just go by rating. If the rating is under 7 for a couple of seasons or more then they are sold (does NOT apply to youth/young players though).

Almunia is a better keeper than Valdes. Valdes is only kept by Barcelona because he's a Catalan.

Really? I disagree, personally, Valdes is a very good keeper, whereas although Almunia has his games, he's inconsistent, and as of late, particularly error prone.

Best keeper i've had, Ochoa, for West Ham, possibly the only keeper on FM10 i've had who has averaged over 7.00.

Obviously, those average ratings show that the keeper hardly has a chance to do anything, because either of a fantastic defense and midfield, or bad opposition. E.g. I had Diego Cavalieri get 7.48 (Still the best average rating in the EPL in my game) and 13 clean sheets for Hull, but 34 goals conceded in 38 matches

Archived