In 3 years of playing FM, i've never had this before!

I'm currently Ebbsfleet United, after 3 seasons I have won the FA Trophy, the BSP, and come 2nd in L2.

Its the end of the 3rd season in charge, and 2 teams have approached me with job offers...

Tottenham, 17m transfer budget, 1m wage budget, not bad...

Manchester United, 55m transfer budget, 1.7m wage budget, too good to turn down?

I was planning on world domination with the team I love, but is this a once in a lifetime oppurtunity?

nope. I got Man united offering me a contract every season as they kept sacking their manager

I brought Notts County up to the top team in the world and I am a world class manager(according to the hall of fame :D)

Wait until your in the premier league. Should get a lot of job offers then.

Yes, it seems much easier to get a bigger job in FM10.

I started unemployed with a part-timer reputation in my current job. I went to KFUM Oslo in Norway and got them promoted the second season. Halfway throught hat second season I got approached by Shelbourne, but turned them down. They were a slightly higher step up but I've had bad times in ireland before so didn't want to repeat that.

Then, just after the KFUM season ended I got approached by Inverness. I was kind of shocked because I'd consider it quite a step up from the part timers of KFUM.

I decided to go for it and, as a nice little touch, the chairman told me not to listen to those who believed me not good enough.

Can I ask, did you start with an ex-full-timer reputation?

Sounds like a journey!

I started with International Footballer, simply to attract a few more players to a lower league side

That's why you're getting offers from the likes of Man Utd so soon. I'm not trying to quash your ability, but they look more at your reputation. With a part-time reputation you would get offers from a level below.

Even though I look at Inverness as a step up for me, they'd be well below the lieks of Man Utd and Tottenham.

It's up to you whether you go for it, but if you really want to go on with Ebsfleet then you should. You won't get any better offers than Man Utd though (and I can say that and hate them :D).

From where I am, you're pretty mcuh at the top of your reputation already, with your start status, so you may as well stay where you are and build Ebbsfleet up.

Archived