My player cant play due to work permit

Hello.. i recently signed a player for 1.7m which is a lot for Blackburn. However now he is my player, it wont let me play him becuase of work permit???

(a screenshot is at this fm fan site; http://www.fmscout.com/q-1908-My-player-cant-play-due-to-work-permit/n-last.html#bottom)

In the squad list, next to his name is a red icon with 'wp', like it would with injuries 'inj'.

Can someone explain please...

When you signed him, he applied for a work permit, but it was declined. You HAVE a feeder club that you can send him to to gain nationality, this is probably a Belgium club, but could be another nationality.

When the work permit was rejected, you were given the option to cancel the deal, or sign him and then loan him to your feeder club. You obviously did not read the message and assumed it was the standard sign or cancel transfer option.

It takes at least 3 years to gain EU citizenship and sometimes more, depending on where you send him.

This is my guess on what has happened.

When you signed him, he applied for a work permit, but it was declined. You HAVE a feeder club that you can send him to to gain nationality, this is probably a Belgium club, but could be another nationality.

When the work permit was rejected, you were given the option to cancel the deal, or sign him and then loan him to your feeder club. You obviously did not read the message and assumed it was the standard sign or cancel transfer option.

It takes at least 3 years to gain EU citizenship and sometimes more, depending on where you send him.

This is my guess on what has happened.

Ok thanks, but does this mean he wont be able to play for me until 3 years time? The player is 27 lol.

2 Questions

What Nationality is he?

How many National Caps does he have?

I ask because, if he nation is too low and he isn't in the side often (if ever), then sell him, by the time he will be eligible to play, he'll not be able to break into your team

Realistically, only sign Non-EU players that have been rejected work permits if they are young since they'll not be able to play for you for 3-ish years

2 Questions

What Nationality is he?

How many National Caps does he have?

I ask because, if he nation is too low and he isn't in the side often (if ever), then sell him, by the time he will be eligible to play, he'll not be able to break into your team

Realistically, only sign Non-EU players that have been rejected work permits if they are young since they'll not be able to play for you for 3-ish years

1) Chilie

2)10

i signed a young RB who was 16 and since he was brazilian wouldnt join me for 2 seasons, i completely forgot that he was on his way and when he eventually joined it has the wp icon, i couldnt remember him being denied a wp previously, so i offered him a new contract which he accepted and then the wp icon disappeared and he was ok to play...

basically offer him a new contract and see if it works??

your only option I can think of is try to sell him or loan him to a feeder club in a suitable country to gain EU citizenship (or hope he plays regularly for his country and you can ffer him a new contract and get a WP).

So you bought Pedro Morales or "Moralev" as we call him in Chile. Well, loan him to a feeder club to avoid the WP regulation, after a season loan bring him back to your team and offer him a new contract, if you are lucky he will be granted a WP. This works because during the loan Morales ability and reputation should increase enough to get him the WP. If a player is really too good, after only half a season loan bring him back, offer him a new contract and the WP should be granted.

Good luck with Moralev.

Hi Royals1871,

This is what i have done to my team....

I buy the player without WP... So i have loan him to my feeder club just for a while... i always monitor the player... when i see he played at the club maybe just 5/6 game... i will try to give him new contract

(while he is in the feeder club)... the the WP will disappeared (cause of the WP have been given). then i will call back the player or let he be at the club just for a moment (one season), depends on my team...

hope this helpful to u... :-)

Has anyone actually clicked on this link in this post? I did and it downloaded a virus that I am having difficulty getting rid off.:(

Shouldn't have been from there

FMScout.com is a trusted fan site

Plus my NOD32 didn't throw up anything

I just looked at the site and it is infected. It attempted to load a false Antivirus software. For anyone that expereinces this do not press the cancel button as this will still install the virus just click the red x to close the window.

Bizarre, I'm not seeing this virus at all

The virus in question was the security tool virus. Everything was ok until I clicked on that link today and then it poped up. I'd previously been on this forum last thing last night and today I was on the bbc website looking at the sport without incident. Anyway I downloaded a tool to remove it and everything seems ok now. I even tried clicking on the link above and the virus hasn't reappeared so fingers crossed that everything will remain fine.

Archived