My pitch is in a "terrible" state...

Well, my pitch condition is little short of a mud bath. My club info describes it as "terrible" and it really is a quagmire. Should i be pushing the board to relay it? In ten years of cm/fm i've never done this and was wondering:

-how long it takes? (end of season job?)

-cost? (i'm in tier 8, northern regional premier league, division one north

Have built up my club from a balance of £6000 to around £20,000 and was hoping for a grand or so transfer budget plus an increase in wage budget in the close season - will relaying the pitch scupper all hope?

Try it, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Also could check if anyone else is using your ground - groundsharing is relatively common in the lower leagues I believe. In one of my very lower league saves in England I had a terrible pitch, and upon asking the board to relay they told me I don't own the stadium, someone a few leagues above did. This could also explain the terrible state, if two teams are playing on it.

Have built up my club from a balance of £6000 to around £20,000 and was hoping for a grand or so transfer budget plus an increase in wage budget in the close season - will relaying the pitch scupper all hope?

One thing I miss about lower league football, quite literary "every penny helps", lol

• 1 month later...

Archived