Promotion in Spain

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could confirm my current understanding og how the poromotion system works in Spain.

I am managing Alaves in 2A. After er dissmal start I have now sorted out the team and we on top of the league after 8 consecutive wins. However, I am only one point clear of team number two and five points clear of team number 6!!!

The rules state something about top four going to (semi-final) playoffs. How does this work?

NB! My board demand that I win the league - does that include the play-offs???? The board have not been to impressed by my performances - but the great form i nrecent weeks have at least stopped the newspapers writing about how much pressure I am under.....

LAST QUESTION: Several other managers are getting fiered ATM and I am supposedly the favourite. Anyone knows if this is tabloid mambo-jambo or is there anything in it??? I am former international fotballer - but in my first season as manager!

I don't fully understand it but even if you win it, you are still going to go through play-offs against the winner of the other series (2B,2C,2D), if i remember right the champions have a play-off of their own while the other teams (2nd-6th) play a separate play-off.. it's a bit confusing tbh.

The advantage of the champions play-off is that if you lose you have a second chance on the 2nd-6th play-off bracket.

What's been posted so far is correct. There are two brackets to the promotion system.

The four teams that win the four divisions go into one bracket. So winner of Group A may play the winner of Group C and the winner of Group B may play the winner of Group D. There's two legs, and the two winners get promoted to Liga Adelante.

At the same time, teams 2-4 of each league enter a play-off system (which totals 12 teams). Each match again plays two legs and the six winners go to the next round joined by the two losers of the Champions play-off (so it totals 8 teams).

Then it is a normal two-legged knockout tournament until two teams are remaining, and they gain promotion to Liga Adelante too.

Archived