Crazy promotion run...fans leave??

I'm not too sure what I've done to greatly **** off my fans. I started with Braintree in the BSS and have managed through luck or wit (not sure which) to get promoted each and every year to be in the Premiership in year 5. My board has finally been forced to put an expansion on my stadium. Currently it stands at 4000 seats, but the expansion will put it up to about 12500 I think.

The problem is...after 3 years of basically selling out every game, my first two home games in the Premiership have been for roughly 200 fans. I had more fans in the BSS!!! I've sold almost 3000 season tickets but I guess they're not showing up?? I have no idea what I've done to make fans completely dissappear. Right now I have 3 wins and 1 loss this season, so I know its not my record.

Are there any ideas out there?

Thanks

Yeah its limiting the current capacity to 3706 (218) seated. Ouch...if only seated fans are allowed, that could be why. Now I just need to make it to December when my 8500 expansion in done!

Thanks for the clarification.

Have you checked if the building of the expansion is limiting the current capacity? You can see this in Information>Facilities of your club.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I'd be more concerned with how you managed straight promotions from the BSS to the Premiership. The problem you are witnessing now is the downfall of such an unrealistically meteoric rise through the league system. Regardless of how you got there, your board should have expended the stadium or moved to a new one long ago. If you have used an edited database in anyway, then the fault lies with yourself and not FM. If your success has been achieved fair and square then something needs looked at/fixed so the in-game board recognise the sudden need for a greater capacity stadium.

I have used zero edits in the game. I haven't even used a different skin! :) I wouldn't even know how to edit if I tried. I kept bugging my board to expand but they kept coming back that the city wouldn't allow it. I did manage to upgrade my training and youth facilities once each, but thats it.

I agree that theres something that should be fixed here in order for the board to recognize the dire need for a stadium. Could have used it years ago!

I have used zero edits in the game. I haven't even used a different skin! :) I wouldn't even know how to edit if I tried. I kept bugging my board to expand but they kept coming back that the city wouldn't allow it. I did manage to upgrade my training and youth facilities once each, but thats it.

I agree that theres something that should be fixed here in order for the board to recognize the dire need for a stadium. Could have used it years ago!

Well then it definitely needs looking at! No team in real life would ever win so many straight promotions but the makers of FM need to appreciate that there will be players capable of doing so, it's just a video game after all. Your game is probably ruined now by this because you won't have enough money coming in to sustain life in the most money-rich league in world football.

Well then it definitely needs looking at! No team in real life would ever win so many straight promotions but the makers of FM need to appreciate that there will be players capable of doing so, it's just a video game after all. Your game is probably ruined now by this because you won't have enough money coming in to sustain life in the most money-rich league in world football

Well said.

According to me, one of the problems is that you can sign players far too easy in the lower leagues. Bringing in free players from all over the country/world. In real life most amateur/semi pro players would only join teams that are in reasonable distance of their home etc. This makes the first few seasons relatively easy.

Yea this is definately due to seating capacity- did exactly the same thing with Torquay, got to the Prem with the board refusing to expand my 6000 capacity (4000 seats) ground. Once I was promoted they planned a 14000 all seater but it will take 2 years.

For my prem games the maximum attendence I can have is 4000 i.e. the seating capacity but for cup games I can still get 6000, the whole thing is a little surreal tbh (albeit nothing compared to getting 200), the 27m of TV money does soften the blow somewhat tho :)

Congrats btw :thup:

Similiar situation with me and bath city. Got them to premier league and had 8840 capacity with only 1 or 2 thousand seated. Luckily for me when i was promoted the board announced a ground share with Bristol City (19000 capacity) until my seats are put in. This usually happens for most people after a short period of time.

I'd be more concerned with how you managed straight promotions from the BSS to the Premiership. The problem you are witnessing now is the downfall of such an unrealistically meteoric rise through the league system. Regardless of how you got there, your board should have expended the stadium or moved to a new one long ago.

Exactly, I got QPR up as champions, straight into Europe and no sign of a new stadium so Im having to make do with a 17k capacity.

we desperately need s new stadium option because we can do nothing to help ourselves once there is no room for expansion. We can ask for more seats, why cant we ask for a bigger stadium?

Check how many fans can be seated at your ground, pretty sure in the premier league u can only have seated fans

If it is this, then it shouldn't be. In this situation a club would just get a temporary stand in place of the terraces until a permanent one could be built.

If it is this, then it shouldn't be. In this situation a club would just get a temporary stand in place of the terraces until a permanent one could be built.

im 99.9% sure its this. IIRC Fulham had terracing in use during their first season in the Premiership (the away end springs to mind) so have the rules changed or are they just not simulated correctly?

Its rules like that which make me hate the Premier League even more than I already do, but no, I don't think that they've changed, they're just not simulated correctly.

If you could only seat 200 in the PL, you would either urgently expand, or relocate until your ground was expanded. For Braintree, you'd probably share with Southend or Colchester for a season if my Geography's correct. Both grounds are poor for PL standards, but would both get a lot more than 200 in. You'd go bust after the first few games irl with those attendances. How do you expect to compete with the likes of ManYoo and Arsenal getting over 70,000?

I think the closest thing to a real life example of this happening would probally be Gretna in Scotland, when they got to the SPL they had very low attendences and had to move grounds, and of course they did end up going bust

Yeah, I was "selling out" my 218 seated stands, thats it! But I got my expander 8750 all-seater in December and now that the season is done, my board just announced the building of a brand new stadium of about 23000. So I'm happy now. :)

...or Wimbledon. Didn't they go from non-league to the old Division 1 (Premiership now for the younger element)?

yeah they were the last to do it, and they moved out of Plough lane and into a ground share with Palace at Selhurst Park.

Archived