How on Earth was this onside!?

Wow, this is ridiculous. Corner was floated in and subsequently cleared. My right back Stephen Kelly decides to shoot, the shot is deflected and Delap heads it clear, straight into the path of the miles offside striker Tuncay. Have a view in both 3D and 2D Classic. Firstly in 3D:

2010-04-20_011525.png

As you can see he looks marginally offside. Things look much worse from the 2D view however:

2010-04-20_011414.png

As you can see, an absolute mile offside.

Bloody ref :thdn:

Red 20?

He's in his own half and thus cannot be offside.

Yeah, if you are on about the red number 20.

He is about 10 yards onside, due to not being able to be offside in your own half.

Pretty shocking stuff from the Notts County Researcher imo :p.

This person is a researcher for Notts County.

Are SI really using researchers that do not understand the laws of the game? Sorry, it's nothing personal to the poster but this alone is very worrying.

This person is a researcher for Notts County.

Are SI really using researchers that do not understand the laws of the game? Sorry, it's nothing personal to the poster but this alone is very worrying.

Again no offense meant but this is actually very concerning. Maybe they should have to pass exams on football 101.

Im getting a bit sick of these threads now. Why are people even playing the game when they don't know the basic rules of football, and the fact that its a researcher for FM makes it even worse.

If I was SI id make sure Notts County gets a last minute going over before the game is released if this is anything to go by :p

Epic fail :o

1) Just because you don't know what "en passant" is, doesn't mean you can't (or aren't allowed to) play chess.

2) Researchers contributes only to the player DB, not to the match engine, so why does he have to know about every twist and turn in the offside rule? As long as he have some basic understanding?

Well, there should be something like this in the terms of agreement: "If you DO NOT know the rules of football very well, but find something you DO believe to be a bug concerning the rules of the game. Please open a thread in our forums explaining what you've found, as we all need an occasional laugh. ;)

Jizz in your pants...:D epic fail

Just noticed the OP is a notts county researcher...LMAO

1) 2) Researchers contributes only to the player DB, not to the match engine, so why does he have to know about every twist and turn in the offside rule? As long as he have some basic understanding?

Not to sound rude but the offside rule is not rocket science and is a basic knowledge for football fans, except for people who just started watching football...And the fact that the OP is a researcher just adds more "fail" to it

Wow, all this over a misunderstanding.

Firstly, yes I am a researcher. I am allowed to make mistakes, and frankly this is just about the only rule in football I don't know about. Secondly, this thread wasn't having a go at SI at all, it just slipped my mind that the offside rule takes into account which half the player is in. And thirdly, I don't think the few people who decided to have a pop at me was strictly necessary. As I said, I wasn't having a pop at anyone, I made a slight mistake. I will be the first to admit I failed somewhat.

If anyone has a problem with me being a researcher, feel free to PM me and we can sort it out.

how come it says your amateur? usually if your a researcher doesnt it replace 'amateur' with Notts county researcher?

Only if someone from SI/mod team updates your profile. Some researchers also may choose not to have it.

I'd like mine to be done but no-one from SI/mod team has done it for me in the last few years. :(

Archived