Part Time to Full Time wage demands

I just started in BSN and got a job with worcester but i've noticed that when i offer someone on my team a part time to full time contract they always reject wages that they demand, eg.

Curtis Macdonald wants $140/w for a part-time contract

i change it to full time, which has a minimum $150/w, so his demands automatically go up to 150/w, so i offer 150/w($10 difference between full time n part time? sign me up! or him in this case).

I obviously expect him to sign seeing as how usually i lower the wage from their demands but he rejects, so i raise it another 10 dollars/week and he keeps rejecting. I have to offer him alot more than his demands to even get him to sign! This happens with people not in my team/not resigning for me too.

I just started in BSN and got a job with worcester but i've noticed that when i offer someone on my team a part time to full time contract they always reject wages that they demand, eg.

Curtis Macdonald wants $140/w for a part-time contract

i change it to full time, which has a minimum $150/w, so his demands automatically go up to 150/w, so i offer 150/w($10 difference between full time n part time? sign me up! or him in this case).

I obviously expect him to sign seeing as how usually i lower the wage from their demands but he rejects, so i raise it another 10 dollars/week and he keeps rejecting. I have to offer him alot more than his demands to even get him to sign! This happens with people not in my team/not resigning for me too.

Full time players are always paid a good deal better than part-time players.

Part time players are expected to be relatively fit and available for training a few times a week and for a game at the weekend. Full time players are expected to be professionally fit, train every day and be physically and mentally ready for competition.

Part time players generally make most of their living from a "day job"; thus they can get paid a couple of hundred dollars to play, but their "real job" could be cleaning carpets. The are happy with the small amount of money because its extra cash for doing something they can enjoy without committing to entirely.

Full time players have no other income until they get to the marketable, world famous end of the scale and are sacrificing other potential careers to pursue a short term career in football until their thirties. Thus they will demand not just enough to live on but enough to support them for years after footballing retirement.

As said above would you work for €150p/w? i wouldn't.... i no i played part-time football and worked.. so think it as a player getting €140p/w from football and €300p/w from work.. Total €440p/w. the player wouldn't dream of going full-time for less then what they could make in a week working too

Menion is right, i guess i wasn't clear enough, if i change my contract offer to full-time, their wage demands should go up accordingly(it does, only slightly), so if and when i meet those demands, they should sign automatically. Why should they refuse the offer when im giving into their demands? it doesn't make sense.

You guys are defending their demands, and that's fine, but if the players themselves are willing to commit to a full time contract for the minimum 150/w, am i supposed to go, no, you no-name player, you deserve more, here, be my highest paid player? no, it is their choice, and my duty as a manager to get our finances in the right direction. the problem again, is that they are rejecting the contract even though i am giving into their demands! There is no reason for this!

Archived