Defending Stupidity

Did this ever happen to you? When your Goalkeeper goes for a ball and a striker reaches it first, and goes for goal, and your defenders just watch?? Why don't they stand inside the goal, this is basic defending, that could also apply pressure to the player who won't be able to hit the target correctly, but when the goal was empty, he just hit it weak and slow into THE MIDDLE, and my 5.7M-valued defenders were just watching...

Is there anyway to avoid such stupidity, other than waiting for a future patch?

I get this sometimes and cannot be sure whether it is just an error on the match engine and therefore not to worry about, or whether my players are actually standing there doing nothing. BIG ISSUE if the latter. As nothing can be done to stop that, and also in real life would never occur without severe punishment lol.

I've seen my gk not even bother go for a ball which he could easily pick up and then let the defender score. It's this type of defending which makes me wonder if the game will make you really inept if you're a lower ranked team. I can understand not being able to make the tackle or gettting dribbled or even missing interceptions but that is bloody ridiculous.

I've seen my gk not even bother go for a ball.

Actually yeah, so have I, quite a few times. This leads me to believe that the 3D graphics/gameplay is still basic (I guess this is obvious) in that it cannot calculate/produce reaction or suitable graphic to illustrate whatever is happening at that time.

This is where your imagination comes into play. Imagination is key regardless!! (The beautiful game in 'text commentary only' was great ;))

There is no way the keepers regularly don't attempt to dive, or watch a ball ROLL past them, or a defender watches an attacker instead of closing him down (even though tactics are set to) so it can only be through inability of the match engine to produce graphics to suit...

Archived