Finding a feeder club

Any particular tips for this? Even though the board let me pick one club they always end up not finishing the link.

Tried everything, clubs from another country, clubs from the same country but a lower division,etc , the result is always the same :(

I can only speak to experiences of playing MLS saves. I have never had a problem with feeder club requests. In fact, I have always had a pick of three or four clubs from lower-levels that were reasonable set-ups. I chose the one I was most interested in and the deal always went through. My problem has always been looking for a parent club. I know that won't necessarily happen on FM as an MLS side, but I am in a new save playing as FK Nosta in the Russian First Division and looking for a parent club. No luck yet.

How is your club's rep? I have two feeders, one in Ligue 1, one in the Austrian Premier.

Out of curiosity, what Ligue 1 team would agree to be a feeder club? Ligue 1 is considered a top-5 league in Europe...

I've managed to get a low-end La Liga team as a feeder club once, board gave them as an option. Tried several times on various saves to get other low-end clubs from Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga/Ligue 1 by requesting them specifically, and also tried leaving it up to the board a fair few times to see if I get one, but its never happened again :/

I've got Valenciennes as a Ligue 1 feeder in my current save (R. Madrid)...they're were in L2 when I took over Real, and they didn't sever the link when they promoted.

I've been trying to find a good mid-table reputation Argentine side to pick as a 2nd useful feeder (my save doesn't have anything below Liga Adenlante loaded, so Castilla and 'C' are useless), but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

If your requested link falls through, how long do you have to wait before your board will entertain another request from you?

Since you currently have the option to select a specific team, surely the game should allow you to just select a specific league from which the board can recommend a few options to you. In my game, there are several clubs in the Republic of Ireland with youth academys that I would love to have as a feeder. My specific request to take, say, Bohemians, falls through, and I have to wait months and months before my board will allow me to request a feeder again. Ideally, I would like to point the board in the direction of the RofI, and let them suggest a few interested clubs for me to choose from.

If your requested link falls through, how long do you have to wait before your board will entertain another request from you?

Since you currently have the option to select a specific team, surely the game should allow you to just select a specific league from which the board can recommend a few options to you. In my game, there are several clubs in the Republic of Ireland with youth academys that I would love to have as a feeder. My specific request to take, say, Bohemians, falls through, and I have to wait months and months before my board will allow me to request a feeder again. Ideally, I would like to point the board in the direction of the RofI, and let them suggest a few interested clubs for me to choose from.

I'm not 100% sure but i think it takes about 3 months before you can make a new request for a feeder club.

i manage EPL sunderland and the board return feeder club choice as Nott Forest , Derby

so i pick Derby and guess what?

Derby got promotion to EPL and automatic cancel the deal.

To find a good feeder club, dont just look for any club in "low" divisions, also check if the club you like already has a parent club. If the club already has a parent club they will reject most of the time.

There are many good clubs that dont have parent clubs; check the Bulgarian, Czech, Mexican, Spanish league for these clubs (of course there are more but just to name a few off the top of my head), some of these clubs are in the lower divisions but some are in the first division, for example, FC Viktoria Plzeň should be in the first division of the Czech league, they are a very good club for a partnership.

But like everyone has already said, if your reputation is low then you probably wont find a great feeder club, maybe a decent one but not great.

Archived