[iPhone/iPod] M's reccomended players

English stars

Carlton Cole - Striker - A really good target man striker that won't break the bank. Perfect for a Europe chasing team.

Bobby Zamora - Striker - Another equally as good striker, this man has lots of ability and again won't break the bank.

Chris Kirkland - Goalkeeper - Once tipped to become Englands number one, this keeper hasn't quite reached his potential, however, he's an excellent Premier League shot stopper.

Liam Lawrence - Midfield - A wonderful example of a right winger. He'll chip in with his fair share of assists. Well worth a look at.

David Wheater - Defence - Another player who won't break the bank but will never let you down.

Coming next... Lower League stars!

Lower League stars

Grant Holt - Striker - Difficult to sign but if you do, then this guy is magical in the lower leagues - an absolute beast of a goalscorer.

Paul Hayes - Striker - An excellent striker who'll bang in plenty of goals.

Gary Jones - Midfielder - Experienced centre mid who's experience could help you find a way out of the lower depths of the leagues.

Alex Smithies - Goalkeeper - Completely unbiased (!) this excellent young shot stopper really is crucial to any team in the lower reaches, although you'll need some cash.

Ben Clark - Defender - An excellent centre back, who can ease your defensive worries with his confidence and ability.

Next... Les Players Français!

Les players Français

Moussa Sissoko - Midfielder - An excellent youngster who you should try and sign at the start of the game.

Steve Mandanda - Goalkeeper - A world class keeper with bags of ability.

Yoann Gourcuff - Midfielder - An absolute beast of a midfielder, will chip in with goals/assists the lot.

Andre-Pierre Gignac - Striker - A fantastic striker who won't let you down, give him a chance and he can score you loads.

Next up... USA stars in Europe!

USA stars in Europe

Clint Dempsey - Midfielder - Fulhams midfield star would be good enough to play in the Champions League, scores some wonder strikes.

Jay DeMerit - Defender - A strong powerful centre back who currently plays for Watford, don't be decieved by this as his quality is amazing.

DaMarcus Beasley - Midfielder - A quick and energetic midfield man with quality among his crossing and passes.

Tim Howard - Goalkeeper - Despite not making the grade at Man U, the Keeper would be good enough for any top team.

Next Up... Suprise stars

will take a look now, thanks M

Started off as the mighty leeds (who else ;-) and signed michael ball and izzy irekpen on frees...as well as a spanish striker ezquerra (32) but scores goals for fun in league 1

defo need a new keeper and looking at kasper schmeichel as a cheaper alternative to smithies

Some from my Hibs team...

Mark Andrews (GK) begins at Falkirk, 4 star and keeping clean sheets in the Champions League in season 3. So would be decent for a lot of teams as a first choice or back up I think.

Danny Wilson (DL) grabbed on a free from Rangers, chips in a good few goals.

Calum Booth (DL) Hibs young player, great potential.

Verratti (CM) Have to agree, brilliant, not far off 30 goals for me so far in season 3.

David Wotherspoon (RM) Very consistent, lots of goals and assists, being tracked by the likes of Arsenal in my game.

Gokhan Tore (AM) On loan from Chelsea in season 2, excellent player even at CL level, scores and assists well, expensive to buy though.

Chris Gadi (SC) Free from Marseilles at the end of season 1, great goalscorer.

In my experience so far:

Joe Cole AM/L/R/C (I play him AMR) - You can pick him up for free at the end of the first season. For my Blackburn team he has been a dynamo, being one of the reasons we are pushing for top spot right now

Marcus DeBeasley AM/L/C (I play him AMC) - He has been mentioned already but I picked him up for about 3m. almost ever present in my team, he knocked Dunn out of first choice AMC and scored more than my strikers in the first season

Djamel Bakar SC - I bought him for 10.75 (on the pricey side) after getting rid of some of the dead wood at blackburn. He hasn't scored as many as I like (about 5 in 10 so far) but he has 14 assists in 10 and has been player of the month twice. A young player who my scouts reccommended. He has been worth it so far!

some great players :)

signed lee cox (i think from livingston) a young CM for 80k and he has some great attributes

also got abdul osman from northampton for 60k...also looks to have the attributes of a midfield enforcer but i've signed him and sent him straight out on loan

ezquerro my spanish signing is doing very well

M - you'd be pleased to know my only defeat came at the hands of the mighty terriers, 3-0...had doyle sent off in the first minute and after that it was one-way traffic

true to form though, town have lost their 2 league games since...who said football management sims arent realistic :D

At a lower league level (League One in my case)...

Matt Jones - reasonable keeper

Jason Talbot - reasonable left full-back

Izzy Iriekpen - reasonable centre-back

Patrik Tischler - promising striker

Damien Le Tallec (on loan) - very good striker

Jose Acosta (on loan) - very promising striker/attacking midfielder

2 more highly reccomended players: Aiden McGeady and Scott Brown, both attacking midfielders from Celtic. They'll easily perform well in the Premiership.

just signed tunchev from leics and spector on loan from west ham...both were happy to step down to leeds

spector has great stats

I sold Ben Parker to Rangers for 1.2m!

I managed to sign the following on free transfers at the end of the first season:

Robert Acquafresca - Good striker from Italy

Sergio Canales - Attacking midfielder from Spain

Jonathan de Guzman - Another attacking midfielder this time from Holland

Sofiane Feghouli - Needs no introduction really!

Luc Castaignos - Dutch youngster who can play up front or in midfield.

Anthony Nelson - This guy is an absolute beast! I signed him for 55k from MK Dons and he is amazing. Can play midfield, right wing, in the hole and up front. If you can get him I recommend him highly!

Just bought Lukas Podolski in 2013 for 3 million euro! He is just 28 and scored 1.1 goals per game! A season later Palermo offered me 15 million euro!

- Davide Colombo is a great defender!! Picked him up in 10/11 for just 1.9M from Inter.

- Detinho from Corinthians is a gem!

- Try picking up José María González from R. Madrid after the 10/11 season. He is a brilliant DMC.

In my game as Notts County, and also my Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen game (Love that team name), In January of the first year I could offer contracts to Darnel Situ (Defender) and Marko Livaja (Striker) and both accepted and were great for my team the next year.

I am playing as Oxford United and I also got Darnel Situ on a free from RC Lens at the end of the season, but his big club release clause meant Lazio bought him a year later. Still a fantastic defender though, especially at lower league level. I also signed a young French striker called Amine from Sporting in Spain, also free. I would highly recommend both.

• 4 weeks later...

Highly reccomended players for the Scottish lower leagues

Paul Dickov - Scored 31 in 31 for my Livingston team inthe first season.

Maurice Ross - Great right back, really can't fault him.

Andrew Barrowman - 21 assists and 21 goals. Need I say more?

These players helped me rip up the Scottish third division with Livingston in the first season. Also have a look at signing Gary Mason who is an excellent centre mid available on a free in January.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived