Couple of Issues

Two that need adressing in first update:

• Transfer status not sticking
  • Incorrect Transfer Budgets being reported on Board Expectation screen at start of season

Only other gripe is the lack of search functionality and/or sort by attributes.

Could you explain the circumstances behind 'transfer status not sticking' if possible as this is the first time I've heard this particular issue mentioned.

After changing Transfer Status and/or Listed for Loan to 'Yes' - some stick (remain set at 'Yes') and some don't (ie next time I look at player status they have gone back to 'No').

This has led to difficulty in selling players as status has changed back to 'No' after I have offered them to other clubs - and I have found that AI teams do not make offers unless the player is transfer-listed.

The secondary issue could perhaps be fixed by FM10 method of transfer listing players automatically after they have been offered to other clubs..?

One other (minor) issue with transfers - it is too easy to force the price up after an AI team has made a bid after the player has been offered for sale at a given price.

for example: I as Chelsea offer Nicholas Anelka for sale at £7m.

Arsenal for some reason offer £7.75m

I then go back and ask for £8m etc all the way up to £14m

Arsenal pay £14m for a player I offered to them at £7m..?

• SI Staff
One other (minor) issue with transfers - it is too easy to force the price up after an AI team has made a bid after the player has been offered for sale at a given price.

for example: I as Chelsea offer Nicholas Anelka for sale at £7m.

Arsenal for some reason offer £7.75m

I then go back and ask for £8m etc all the way up to £14m

Arsenal pay £14m for a player I offered to them at £7m..?

You can do this on the PC title also, do you think that clubs should act differently if a player is offered to them - ie. less willing to negotiate EVEN if they believe the player is worth the negotiated price?

Just a silly one, my goalkeeper was sent off and a penalty given. The penalty was then taken before me having a chance to bring on my sub keeper and the striker slotted it into an empty net! Not even a defender to attempt to block it! I'm sure in the grand old scheme of things it doesn't make any difference as the player could easily have sent it wide but it just seemed odd!!!

You can do this on the PC title also, do you think that clubs should act differently if a player is offered to them - ie. less willing to negotiate EVEN if they believe the player is worth the negotiated price?

I think that you might have misunderstood - it is me as the selling club forcing the price up even though the buying club has offered more than I originally asked for.

My experience on FM10 - and I haven't played for a while - is that the buying club come back with the offered price and no negotiations allowed.

They don't offer more than than the asking price for the player and the selling club does not have the opportunity to re-negoatiate the price.

• SI Staff
I think that you might have misunderstood - it is me as the selling club forcing the price up even though the buying club has offered more than I originally asked for.

My experience on FM10 - and I haven't played for a while - is that the buying club come back with the offered price and no negotiations allowed.

They don't offer more than than the asking price for the player and the selling club does not have the opportunity to re-negoatiate the price.

Definitely not the case in FM 2010 as my standard negotiation tactic as a small club is to offer my players for nowt and then ask for a reasonable amount once I've got some clubs interested .... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Same thing should be true with FMH iPhone tbh.

(and I think irl clubs would negotiate some of the time also)

Definitely not the case in FM 2010 as my standard negotiation tactic as a small club is to offer my players for nowt and then ask for a reasonable amount once I've got some clubs interested .... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Same thing should be true with FMH iPhone tbh.

(and I think irl clubs would negotiate some of the time also)

Perhaps it is just that I play with larger clubs - Chelsea and Napoli most recently - but if I offer to sell a player to another club for £10m say I don't expect them to come back and offer £11m..?

Invariably they offer the £10m I have asked for with no negotiation available as we have both already agreed on the price. :(

In any case - great game - and by far the favourite app on my iPhone. :)

Archived