Not Giving My Team Enough Credit??

I am managing FC Bayern right now, and for some reason whenever the transfer window opens up my players become concerned that I do not "give the team enough credit".

I'm not really sure what is the problem. This is the first time this has happened to me frequently and I don't know how to solve this problem.

Any ideas?

It is related to team talks, nothing to do with the transfer window.

Be warned that even having your assistant doing your team talks you may still get this problem. I often select for my assman to pick the team talk and often leaves it blank.

I get this a lot, as I simulate most games I'm expected to win heavily. Even with Martin Keown's high motivating attribute he still causes them to become concerned. In short, I agree with a couple posts above me: assistant managers are idiots. :)

• 3 months later...

Not sure whether it's etiquette to bump ancient threads, but I remembered this discussion last night when I had two amazing back-to-back games with Oostende in Belgium 2.

Having lost three consecutive in the league, I was getting angry with the side, and even though they won a friendly 5-1 against a non-league side in International week, I warned them to play like that in competitive matches, and got players thinking I wasn't giving enough credit.

Next match at FC Dender, I was 3-0 down in 30 mins, would've been four but for a penalty save. In previous defeats I showed anger at the team at half time, but it never helped, so instead, I showed encouragement this time. And in the second half they played like their life depended on it. Two of em got sent off, but even with nine men, they pulled it back to 3-2 and nearly got an equaliser! At the end, I was elated with them, praised them in the press conference (I praised their aggression despite two sendings off, and added the comment 'at half time I asked them to kick the bastards in the balls and they did what I wanted', which strangely drew no FA charges or even a report). Next match, they came from 3-1 down to win 5-3 as I kept up the encouragement and praise, showing sympathy when they came in 2-1 down at half time.

Basically, they just want mollycoddling.

Archived