Unwanted stars... 2! (Names included)

So I've said this once before, but AI managers are idiots. Genero Zeefuik, winner of the prestigious title of Worst Signing of the season in 2015-16 wins Best Signing of the Season in 2016-17. I signed him seeming that Liverpool didn't want him at all. I did and he has become one of my best strikers. What is wrong with the AI managers. The same thing can be said about the National Team managers. A few seasons back Arturo Lupoli was right us there as one of my best ever players and put in the best season any one of my players has ever put in. He got 47 goals 21 assists and an average rating of 7.46 in 64 games. He never got a call up for Italy after all of this. But oh well...

So I've said this once before, but AI managers are idiots. Genero Zeefuik, winner of the prestigious title of Worst Signing of the season in 2015-16 wins Best Signing of the Season in 2016-17. I signed him seeming that Liverpool didn't want him at all. I did and he has become one of my best strikers. What is wrong with the AI managers. The same thing can be said about the National Team managers. A few seasons back Arturo Lupoli was right us there as one of my best ever players and put in the best season any one of my players has ever put in. He got 47 goals 21 assists and an average rating of 7.46 in 64 games. He never got a call up for Italy after all of this. But oh well...

I agree with the AI not realising player potential in some instances, I was manager of Reading and had signed David Amoo from Liverpool on a cheap deal, anyway, I'd just been promoted from the championship and in the championship he pretty much helped push us into the premiership with 20 goals in 10 games.

In the premiership he then pretty much kept the club up, Tottenham came knocking at the end of this season and I moved to them. Soon as I left, reading's top goalscorer, and a player who amassed 50 league goals in 2 seasons was now in the reserves rotting. In the finale to the end of the season I was turning down 8 million bids for him, anyway, I signed him for Tottenham for 500k, that season he scored almost 60 goals. I left Tottenham for manchester united, and they didn't rate him either and apparently no club did. His contract expired and he moved onto Leigh RMI in the blue square premier on a free transfer and blitz'd the league before I signed him for my league one stoke team.

It's mystifying to see how a player who scored over 120 goals in 3 years was so under-rated by the AI, but oddly he did get international call ups during the times with me.

Archived