As per usual, I'm playing a network game with 2 friends (Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd - these servers usually only last 3-4 seasons so there isn't really enough time to go from League 2 to Champions of Europe).

We're approaching the 2011/12 season, regens have had time to develop and one in particular signed by Man Utd is almost the best player on the game at 19 years old. I dont have any idea how he found him... Nobody is using any modding tools - infact nobody has any installed and we use teamviewer while playing anyway. I'm not even sure he knows how to adjust his scouts either.

So, I guess my question is, how the hell do you find these kind of players? I placed a scout with 20PA 20CA Judging on a scouting assignment (name is something Robson) of the entire World for players under 18 worthy of playing for Chelsea in midseason 2010/11 and in total he has found 1 player who I didn't feel had the potential to become a phenomonem in a starstruck Chelsea team (yes, I signed David Silva & Villa for 150m).

I've tried using search filters, I even created a filter from the Man Utd player and apparently, nobody under 21 is anywhere near as good as him.

PS. the player is called Said Sakim, I'm sure regens are different for every single game but it could be worth knowing. I'll post a screenshot of him when we're playing the server again.

I tend to manually scout a lot of youth teams from around the world (i.e. go to the club's u18/u20/whatever squad and scout every player there). I normally do the youth squads of every top flight club in england, spain, italy, france, germany and holland. Plus any other clubs that I know have good youth academies (Boca Juniors, River Plate, Atlas plus a few brazilian clubs). I also do all the european and south american youth international squads aswell. It takes a while, but it's worth it. Any player that gets 4 stars or more then gets permanently added to a separate shortlist so I can keep track of them easily.

As per usual, I'm playing a network game with 2 friends (Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd - these servers usually only last 3-4 seasons so there isn't really enough time to go from League 2 to Champions of Europe).

We're approaching the 2011/12 season, regens have had time to develop and one in particular signed by Man Utd is almost the best player on the game at 19 years old. I dont have any idea how he found him... Nobody is using any modding tools - infact nobody has any installed and we use teamviewer while playing anyway. I'm not even sure he knows how to adjust his scouts either.

So, I guess my question is, how the hell do you find these kind of players? I placed a scout with 20PA 20CA Judging on a scouting assignment (name is something Robson) of the entire World for players under 18 worthy of playing for Chelsea in midseason 2010/11 and in total he has found 1 player who I didn't feel had the potential to become a phenomonem in a starstruck Chelsea team (yes, I signed David Silva & Villa for 150m).

I've tried using search filters, I even created a filter from the Man Utd player and apparently, nobody under 21 is anywhere near as good as him.

PS. the player is called Said Sakim, I'm sure regens are different for every single game but it could be worth knowing. I'll post a screenshot of him when we're playing the server again.

Scouts also need to have high Determination. :thup:

Scouts don't tend to be the most intelligent people. So since you instructed him to scout the entire world he could very well spend the next two years scouting on continents and countries that don't have any players loaded into the game. So instead of scouting France and Spain he could decide to scout the Bahamas and Nepal.

When a scout is on a roaming instruction whether its the entire world or a certain area. You can't decide for the scout on where he should go next or if he should skip the country he is currently in. So scouts can get stuck in big countries for a long time, especially so if the scout lacks determination.

If you want fast results it's probably better to instruct your scouts to go to big football countries. Especially those countries that you added when starting the save.

Archived