Poor Prem/UEFA Cup attendances

I'm playing with Notts County, we've got an 21,000 all-seater stadium and have been in the Prem for 3 years. Last season we finished 6th and are now in the UEFA Cup. This year we're currently in 6th with 10 games to go...

We just played Zaragoza in the second knock-out phase - bearing in mind this is the first ever European campaign for the club, and we've risen through the divisions (now in 2018, rep is national), we only managed an attendance of 13,000. Our average for the season is only 16,000.

Does this seem right? I certainly wouldn't expect 60,000 every week, even if we had a stadium that size, but I really would have expected by now to have good reason to ask the board to expand the stadium (even if they disagreed)... but there's no point at the moment.

I'm not talking about Europa Lge average - this is league average too. It's probably just a hangover from being a small club I guess - Wigan's ave attendance is broadly similar this year... although they're not in 6th and Euro competition... I'll just keep plugging away.

Archived