Possible Bug

Before reporting this in the bugs forum, I was hoping people could check their games.

Playing in the german 3rd division, during the winter break got invited to several friendlies with me being the home team and the visiting team paying me. Total anticipated revenue of the games I accepted was 345k. This is without counting ticket sales, just what the team playing me will pay. I anticipated a large windfall of a month, as several of the teams would also fill up much of my stadium. This level of friendly usually brings in an estimated 130k.

Fast forward to the end of January and check my finances. Not the windfall I had expected. In fact, my income page appears to be totally lacking the income from the opposing teams anywhere. Then, in checking my expenditure page, my other has suddenly jumped up a massive amount. 4 times the previous months and 1 one-third the amount spent the entire of last of year. Seeing as my team had no travel expenses for the month, it appears that the other means I have instead been paying out the teams where I was supposed to get paid.

Can anyone see anything I am missing or offer an explanation? Is this occuring in anyone else's game?

One of the offers: http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqCSMz0

Another offer: http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsP1m_9

Income at the end of January: http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVos5mS

Expenditures at the end of January: http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsP1GXi

Note: I had 2 home games in December with around 24k total attendance. I had 5 home friendlies in January with around 31k total attendance.

1) the revenue it says there is from the tickets you might sell. If the other teams are better than you, YOU will pay even if THEY invited you. WHat i have noticed for sure is that the revenue it talks about there is what will come from the tickets (then i take out what i pay them and see my profit)

2) it happens many times because other expenses roll too. So that is why you expected profit (which you made actually) but the several other expenses were more

1) the revenue it says there is from the tickets you might sell. If the other teams are better than you, YOU will pay even if THEY invited you. WHat i have noticed for sure is that the revenue it talks about there is what will come from the tickets (then i take out what i pay them and see my profit)

2) it happens many times because other expenses roll too. So that is why you expected profit (which you made actually) but the several other expenses were more

Why would I pay them if the deal is clearly they will pay me? You are implying that the revenue quoted is ticket sales, but the friendly invite clearly says I will be paid a fee. See the first 2 screenshots, I am to be paid a fee (not just expected ticket sales) and there is no mention of paying the other teams at all.

Can anyone else check their games and see if this is happening?

Why would I pay them if the deal is clearly they will pay me? You are implying that the revenue quoted is ticket sales, but the friendly invite clearly says I will be paid a fee. See the first 2 screenshots, I am to be paid a fee (not just expected ticket sales) and there is no mention of paying the other teams at all.

Can anyone else check their games and see if this is happening?

I can;t see the screenshots but I was under the impression that if you are home for a friendly, you always pay the away team a fee, and you get the gate receipts.

i have no idea why it clearlys says you will recieve the fee and you end up paying????

but when your arranging friendlies make sure your playing away so the other team has to pay you for traveling and playing them..And as said above you only get the gate receipts when playing at home so just say you choose a team you pay them 12k for the friendly and will only make 7k on the gate,its still costing you 5k

i have no idea why it clearlys says you will recieve the fee and you end up paying????

but when your arranging friendlies make sure your playing away so the other team has to pay you for traveling and playing them..And as said above you only get the gate receipts when playing at home so just say you choose a team you pay them 12k for the friendly and will only make 7k on the gate,its still costing you 5k

So you would agree there is something of a bug here?

I can't see the pics either but it seems like no bug to me.

the way it works is:

If you are the home team, you pay the visitors a fee and you keep the gate receipts less that fee.

If you are the away team you just get a fee for turning up, no costs.

The revenue you are talking about in your op of £345k is the ticket sales.

Its not a bug, I think you just have you wires crossed.

I can't see the pics either but it seems like no bug to me.

the way it works is:

If you are the home team, you pay the visitors a fee and you keep the gate receipts less that fee.

If you are the away team you just get a fee for turning up, no costs.

The revenue you are talking about in your op of £345k is the ticket sales.

Its not a bug, I think you just have you wires crossed.

Don't know why the pics are not working for some people, maybe someone can upload them to a site where everyone can see them or give me advice on what site to use.

As for the ticket sales, the message I got regarding the friendly was:

"Kohl have challanged Koblenz to a freindly match at match at [Koblenz's stadium] on Thursday January 16, 2014

Koblenz will receive a fee of $170,000 if they accept the offer

Koblenz have acepted the invitation"

I cannot interpret the word fee as meaning estimated ticket sales.

On a side note, the Koblenz is a singular, not a plural. Should say if 'it' accepts the offer.

The collective noun here is acting as a singular, thus singular pronouns are appropriate.

Not really. Grammatically "they" is correct as the person that benefits is more than one person - the entire team benefits. It's not acting "as a singular".

If you refer to the club but just the club (i.e. Koblenz is a German club) then that is singular as you are not referring to more than one thing.

I would have to agree with the thought that that fee is not the fee you will receive, i tend to book friendlies away if possible easier to manage that way. Make money don't spend it

Maybe you cannot see the pictures, but given the wording that I posted above, there is no way that the phrase "Koblenz will receive a fee of $170,000 if they accept the offer" could be interpreted as anything other than a flat fee to be received by Koblenz.

Didn't mean to start a grammar argument, I would really like a good response to the original question.

I'd say the chances of a GD thread becoming an argument or helping are roughly 50/50. You pays your money, you takes your chances.Its a jungle in here.

Maybe you cannot see the pictures, but given the wording that I posted above, there is no way that the phrase "Koblenz will receive a fee of $170,000 if they accept the offer" could be interpreted as anything other than a flat fee to be received by Koblenz.

Now that the pics work for me, I'd say its broken and its a bug.

To the bug forum my man!!

Archived